netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.
Sponsor Announcement:

Woolley & Wallis would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate in their auction - Japanese & Korean Art, on the 23rd May 2018.

To access the on-line catalogue please click on the banner below.

Please Note: This sponsorship announcement will automatically disappear on the 24th May 2018.

Help - where do I start? A suggestion...

This has been set up to be the main forum for members to submit questions regarding the new forum.
souldeep

Help - where do I start? A suggestion...

Postby souldeep » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 pm

I know a new platform can be overwhelming for any of us. It may well take a few weeks to fully explore and understand all the changes. There is no rush to achieve this, and we all have different paces in which we explore.

Visiting the different forums and topics to discover what you need to read will initially feel overwhelming, so I would like to suggest a good place to start. I think many members will feel more comfortable if you have an easy function that allows you to understand who is posting what, and where.

The Unread Post feature

There is a feature called the Unread posts tab. When you log on you will see some tabs appear underneath your account name. The feature is listed under one of those tabs and you can see it circled in green in the example image below. Using this feature allows you to make sure you've not missed anything. It will enable you to keep up with latest posts every time you visit the lounge.

By clicking on that tab you will be taken to a list of posts that you have not read since you last logged on. There may be 1 or 30 posts. But your account will keep a record of what you have read and help you manage what is left to read. In the example shown in the image you can see I have only one outstanding unread post newly created by a user called Tama. I then click on the post and I will be taken to the content.

I may then reply to the post, or instead wish to read more unread posts from the list. If you are finished and would like to read the next unread post you just need to click again on the Unread posts tab circled in green in the example image.

Every time you have read a post and click on the tab again it will reduce the list of unread posts until you have an empty list.

Image28.jpg

Resetting your unread posts to 0 posts

Another thank you to Vlad for just pointing out something. Vlad noted that his unread post list is massive.

This is because I could not data mine your read post list from the old forum. That sort of information was locked behind your passwords and embedded deep inside the mystical world of the propriety website toolbox code.

So if you prefer to reset your unread post list, meaning only new posts from the point you reset will start to appear in your unread posts list, please take the following steps;

Step 1

Click on the board index link found at the top of this forum, just under the FAQ / Search / Members / The team tabs.

Step 2

You will then see a link just above the forums on the right hand side that says Mark forums read (circled in the example image in green). Clicking on this will clear any historical posts you've not read and allow the list to build again from scratch.

Image30.jpg
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

neilholton

Re: Help - where do I start? A suggestion...

Postby neilholton » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:17 pm

Already enjoying exploring the new forum Martyn.

Would a burger and a beer buy a PB road tutorial. :D Couple of things I'm still working out, but IMHO a major improvement on the old, what a great job you've done, thank you!

souldeep

Re: Help - where do I start? A suggestion...

Postby souldeep » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Lol - you know I'm a cheap date - the beer would be enough :D

Thanks for the kind words.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Return to “The Lounge Go Live Support”