netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

I'm Here!

This has been set up to be the main forum for members to submit questions regarding the new forum.
AFNetsuke

Re: I'm Here!

Postby AFNetsuke » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:01 am

Jill, you may be able to help others with the Windows Photo Gallery. OK if they PM you?
I found it rather annoying when we got a Windows 8 desktop PC. I hate when a program presumes you want it to build a collage of your photos that include things like grave markers and property of your deceased mother that was donated to charity. But if it works for you that's great!
Alan

Bakurae

Postby Bakurae » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:09 am

To answer Alan's question re my avatar: all the images I had were reduced to a usable size with Microsoft Picture Manager. But in the meantime we changed computers; so that nice, easy program is no longer available and I haven't yet learned the new one that is. Meanwhile the new forum opened and all the avatar images I had were too big, but I didn't know how to reduce them (too much going on and I'm a touch technophobic at the best of times) so Jill came to the rescue, and my good old grumpy Baku is back. I'll be okay once I settle down and learn Windows Gallery or whatever it is.

Alison

AFNetsuke

Photo resizing

Postby AFNetsuke » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:14 am

Good luck, Alison. If you figure that one out I'm all ears! I liked the old MS Office editor. Simple and easy to do a quick fix. The computer geeks want us all to "have it all" whether we want it or not and some of us find it too invasive at time. Being involved with the forum does keep us up to speed somewhat with our kids and grandkids though.
Alan

Tama

Postby Tama » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:29 am

Truth be told, I fumble around until I get something to work! I had just figured out how to size my avatar so why not size another when Alison was having a tuff go??!! It's easier for me to just do it than it is for me to explain.

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:37 am

Hi folks,
After several circuitous attempts it looks as if I may be here, (and on my iPhone too with luck). Next step may be an avatar...
Piers

Size is something.

Tama

Postby Tama » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:39 am

Yay! You made it Piers!!! :D

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:57 am

Welcome, Piers. I'm ready to see some Bits & Pieces from you soon.
Alan

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:33 am

Thanks guys. Just feeling my way gingerly around... :mrgreen:
Piers

Size is something.

Tsunuki

Postby Tsunuki » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:03 am

souldeep wrote:
Tsunuki wrote:I'm here and the new forum looks great. For the time being it looks like my 'INS Member' status has reverted back to 'Registered User', so I can't comment on the Members Only sections.

I set up all the INS members based on the INS membership data I was provided. I noted a number of users that have used different email addresses to register with the INS to the forum. If your emails differ my code did not automatically register you.

I have updated you, and Dave, to the INS member group. You'll see the new area appear now :D

Much thanks, I can see the INS member sections now and I like how they are laid out.
Ryan Snooks

GiantSquid

Postby GiantSquid » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:56 am

Finally made it on here. Now got to sort my avatar - a new one I think.

Well done Martyn, I know a lot of hard work went into the new format, but looks like it was worth it!

:D

Richard
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones." John Maynard Keynes, 1883 - 1946

INS member since November 2012

Return to “The Lounge Go Live Support”