netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

I'm Here!

This has been set up to be the main forum for members to submit questions regarding the new forum.
AFNetsuke

Re: I'm Here!

Postby AFNetsuke » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:00 am

Sorry about that Tsunuki. Looks like Dave's screen name also is in the color for registered users.
It will get sorted out.
Alan

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:07 am

NetsukeManiac wrote:Alan, despite our lightning speed internet connection (100 KB/sec), I had several error messages when trying to upload large photo files. When this happens, you have to delete the partially uploaded file and try again. However, it is definitely nice having the forum S/W automatically reduce the size of photos for you. The original size of the photos I uploaded were 3+ MB and were reduced automatically to less than 60 KB. It's too bad that the avatar upload feature doesn't do this as well. I wonder why?

Dave

Hi Dave - all these developed by me.

The avatar is kept small so that the general pages are not slowed down. They are only small images under your profile name so didn't see a reason to reduce down a 1MB image. If you want it increased I can - but your Avatar looks look good to me.

Yes - although you can upload unlimited size images now, I wrote some code to reduce images you post to 800 px width. This is to try and keep the forum half decent on loading times and good for our tablet users. Anything larger you can simply click on to see the larger version.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 am

Tsunuki wrote:I'm here and the new forum looks great. For the time being it looks like my 'INS Member' status has reverted back to 'Registered User', so I can't comment on the Members Only sections.

I set up all the INS members based on the INS membership data I was provided. I noted a number of users that have used different email addresses to register with the INS to the forum. If your emails differ my code did not automatically register you.

I have updated you, and Dave, to the INS member group. You'll see the new area appear now :D
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

lmallier

Postby lmallier » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:53 am

souldeep wrote:
NetsukeManiac wrote:Alan, despite our lightning speed internet connection (100 KB/sec), I had several error messages when trying to upload large photo files. When this happens, you have to delete the partially uploaded file and try again. However, it is definitely nice having the forum S/W automatically reduce the size of photos for you. The original size of the photos I uploaded were 3+ MB and were reduced automatically to less than 60 KB. It's too bad that the avatar upload feature doesn't do this as well. I wonder why?

Dave

Hi Dave - all these developed by me.

The avatar is kept small so that the general pages are not slowed down. They are only small images under your profile name so didn't see a reason to reduce down a 1MB image. If you want it increased I can - but your Avatar looks look good to me.

Yes - although you can upload unlimited size images now, I wrote some code to reduce images you post to 800 px width. This is to try and keep the forum half decent on loading times and good for our tablet users. Anything larger you can simply click on to see the larger version.

This is perfect Martyn. I have run some tests on my smartphone (Galaxy S6) and the new forum engine is really excellent, very user friendly, perfectly rendered etc... the only drawback is that people like me will even more hooked onto the forum even in mobility (ie in mass transit etc...) :mrgreen:

Louis
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Qui n'a pas les moyens de ses ambitions a tous les soucis" 
Talleyrand

KPR

Postby KPR » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 am

The scream by Munch and Koichi is carried of pure admiration about the fact that the new forum succeeded. Many thank´s.
My first test of this new forum.

1365Kopie-001.jpg
Last edited by KPR on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klaus

NetsukeManiac

Postby NetsukeManiac » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:01 am

xxx
Last edited by NetsukeManiac on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:12 am

KPR wrote:The scream by Munch and Koichi is carried of pure admiration about the fact that the new forum succeeded. Many thank´s.
My first test of this new forum.

Great to see you've registered Klaus - and one cool opening Netsuke to share.

I have been, a number of times over the past few months - in that same pose!

I've added your account to the INS group - you will now see the INS area as well.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 am

lmallier wrote:This is perfect Martyn. I have run some tests on my smartphone (Galaxy S6) and the new forum engine is really excellent, very user friendly, perfectly rendered etc... the only drawback is that people like me will even more hooked onto the forum even in mobility (ie in mass transit etc...) :mrgreen:

Yes - I had to make some changes on smart phones. You have a drop down menu instead of tabs. It's not perfect but glad to hear the report that you think it will encourage more access. It's the focus of the new solution.. This is phase 1 delivered - watch this space for future phases.

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:39 am

Klaus,

wir heissen Sie herzlich willkommen zu unserem neuen Forum, das die Netsuke-Sammler weltweit zusammenbringt.
Wir feiern unsere Liebe für diese erstaunliche Kunst !

Guys, Martyn added a very cool feature in your editor menu : "PostTranslate". This makes our new Forum a truly international community.
Just click on the "Translate" and see what happens.

He is pushing the technological boundaries here.

If you want more info on this or feel more comfortable posting in your native language, here is Martyn's tutorial viewtopic.php?f=260646&p=57958#p57958
Jan

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks for sharing that Jan.

Also guys please note - the whole framework of the website is translated into a host of many languages. You can change to your own default language in your User Control Panel.

I am still working on Hungarian and Japanese though. Looking for anyone that is willing to help me ;)

Return to “The Lounge Go Live Support”