netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Superior Collection of Fine Netsuke at Auction

A forum for discussions on INS-sponsor auctions from future and past.
LarkMasonAssociates

Re: Superior Collection of Fine Netsuke at Auction

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:48 pm

NetsukeManiac wrote:Link to on-line catalog?

Dave

Thank you for your interest in the Netsuke auction.
I have listed the link to the online catalogue below:

http://www.igavelauctions.com/auctions/ ... e-auction/

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:45 am

Vlad wrote:P.S. Ups, those shishi have disappeared completely. :cry:

Hi Vlad, there are still over 50 lots that will be added by Tuesday, the sale will then run for two weeks until October 18th (U.S. EST), to see in person exhibition dates and locations are all online, whether in person or online I hope you enjoy perusing.
LMasonIII

NetsukeManiac

Postby NetsukeManiac » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:18 am

xxx
Last edited by NetsukeManiac on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

NetsukeManiac

Postby NetsukeManiac » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:32 am

xxx
Last edited by NetsukeManiac on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:22 pm

When I clicked your link it says this item currently not available Dave.
Alan

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:48 pm

NetsukeManiac wrote:I notice the auctioneer provides certain guarantees. Does the auctioneer guarantee that antique WOOD netsuke can be shipped to Japan without any issues?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes the wood Netsuke can be shipped to Japan without any issues.
Alan, I put the netsuke in question in admin. review very soon after it went live so the photos could be changed, the lot will be up later today. Dave's link should work then, if not I will repost a live link.

Best,

LMasonIII

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:46 am

Dave, the "ivory oni" is now up. It has tiger skin pants, 3 toes with claws, grimmacing face with fangs and horns. Are you saying the swirls on the back are cloud designs more compatible with Raiden or is yours a materials question? (I didn't search for evidence of Schreger lines, etc on my phone)
Alan

NetsukeManiac

Postby NetsukeManiac » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 am

xxx
Last edited by NetsukeManiac on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Dave, you are touching on a whole other regulatory problem which could someday touch our field, and I fervently hope that it doesn't. Japan has dozens of types of native woods. Many are used in our netsuke, and some of our sagemono and tonkotsu and inro. The U.S. has sweeping federal legislation called the Lacey Act, which, if enforced would require a true Mission Impossible-type list of things to do and prove to import and export wood - again, properly, there is an antique exception. I have mentioned this in the old Ivory Regulatory threads, of which there are three, all to be found in the old INS Forum Archive.

Some years back when Gibson Guitars of Nashville, TN, where I have several friends from my Guitar Days, got into trouble over importing certain woods from a questionable Pakistani source (so it has been reported), they were actually prosecuted by the US Federal Government under the Lacey Act.

Let's hope that is not what is happening to you, but be aware of the legal issue.
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:55 pm

NetsukeManiac wrote:As for my other point about shipping wood netsuke to Japan from the US, I brought this up because on two instances, I had antique wood netsuke (no inlays of any type) stranded in the US because FedEx and USPS both refused to ship them to Japan.
Dave

Hi Dave,
We have not had any trouble shipping to Japan in the past, I would be interested to know what type of wood your item was? If you have questions about specific lots I would be happy to answer in a PM or through email.
Best,
LmasonIII

Return to “Auctions - INS recommended”