netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Superior Collection of Fine Netsuke at Auction

A forum for discussions on INS-sponsor auctions from future and past.
NetsukeManiac

Re: Superior Collection of Fine Netsuke at Auction

Postby NetsukeManiac » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 pm

xxx
Last edited by NetsukeManiac on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:28 am

If they are willing to sell and noted CITES on all applicable pieces I assume all is ok for interstate and potentially international export but I'm not their agent and make no guarantee of legal issues. I was messaged from their Texas office about not being able to post but do not know where the pieces are being sold from.
Alan

neilholton

Postby neilholton » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:22 pm

When the executive order in the US was given in 2013 I had previous CITES export applications already pending plus I put in a bunch of applications for other ivory items. I’m still waiting! I’m not trying to put a dark cloud over this sale, but getting these items from the US say into Europe will be anything but easy and probably a very long process.

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi Peter,
Apologize for the delay in responding. We have two locations, one in Texas and one in New York.
We are a Texas incorporated auction house with offices in New York.
Best Regards,
Lark Mason III

peter wrote:Really nice pieces.
Your Auction house are in Europe? I have not any contact with your house earlier.
Thank You for the information.
I hope our Hunting members will be happy.
Best Regards
Peter

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:40 pm

onimh wrote:I'm still not finding the lots listed even though the viewing period seems to have passed.
I also think the igavel site is pretty user unfriendly.
Anyone else able to call up the lots?

Not only the site is user-unfriendly, they themselves are also not exactly cooperative: I wrote them an email asking for a link to the online catalogue. No reaction whatsoever. :oops:

Dear Alex and Onimh,
I apologize for the delayed response. A selection of the items will be available for preview online beginning September 28th. All of them will be available for viewing and bidding online on October 4th bidding ends on October 18th.
Due to the complexity of regulations regarding the sale of ivory in the United States we will be exhibiting all non ivory Netsuke in our New York City location, from October 11th to noon on October 14th. All of the Netsuke will be available for viewing in our Texas office in New Braunfels, TX on October 15th and 16th.
Should you have any further questions I will be monitoring this forum for responses.
Thank you,
LMasonIII

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 pm

NetsukeManiac wrote:Alan, I just sent them an email requesting a link to their auction catalog and availability of additional photos of the netsuke on auction. If they are unresponsive, maybe this thread should be deleted. At this point, the seller of this netsuke collection is not being well served by the auction house. One other point, does current law allow for the sale and transport of ivory objects across state lines even if the items in question were legally imported with CITES permits?

Dave

Hi Dave,
I apologize for the delayed response.
A selection of the netsuke will be available for viewing online on September 28th. All will be available for viewing on October 4th. I will post a link to this forum on September 28th. Legality of transport of ivory items depends upon what state you reside in. All of the items in this sale have the necessary documentation to meet federal standards for both interstate and international commerce.
Best,
LMasonIII

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:59 pm

neilholton wrote:When the executive order in the US was given in 2013 I had previous CITES export applications already pending plus I put in a bunch of applications for other ivory items. I’m still waiting! I’m not trying to put a dark cloud over this sale, but getting these items from the US say into Europe will be anything but easy and probably a very long process.

Dear Neilholton,
It is not easy! Since the change in regulations went into effect we have had a number of items approved for export and some have taken longer than others. The items in this sale have had previous CITES approval and should be easier to export.
Best,
LMasonIII

NetsukeManiac

Postby NetsukeManiac » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:45 pm

xxx
Last edited by NetsukeManiac on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:09 am

$16000 opening bid? Cm'n is a cute piece but......
Nec spe nec metu

LarkMasonAssociates

Postby LarkMasonAssociates » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:27 am

NetsukeManiac wrote:Here is a link to the iGavel auction which at this point has 13 netsuke listings. Excellent and plentiful photos of each piece, however some of the opening bids seem exorbitant.

http://bid.igavelauctions.com/AuctionHe ... v=1&page=1

Dave

Thanks for the link Dave, now have 59 more will be added over next 24 hours. If any questions feel free to post here or PM me. The earliest postings were selected from the highest value pieces, other pieces will be up soon.

Return to “Auctions - INS recommended”