netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

2018 drawer

Showcasing netsuke from our membership
souldeep

Re: 2018 drawer

Postby souldeep » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 am

Two early starts for you Alex - and both great additions to the draw. Congratulations!
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:13 am

A draw! Great idea Martyn. Put me down for two tickets. 8-)
Piers

Size is something.

Operafan

Postby Operafan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 am

Thank you, Piers, Alan, Martyn.

Saw a YouTube clip of a toad gobbling up a worm, Alan. Looks too gruesome for the forum, so I'll just keep the Masanao toad vegetarian, or perhaps vegan ;) .
Alex

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 am

Clive wrote:studies into bird feeding strategies have actually found that many birds may get up early to find the worm.. but will often only eat the worm much later in the day.

Bizarre fact - perhaps that's why I've observed birds flying off once they've extracted the worm. Mistakenly assumed it was to go to some quiet corner to eat the prize well away from prying eyes.

What cooks my noodle about that fact - worms are escapologists. Placing matey into a nest for consumption later in the day hardly provides the worm with the Fort Knox challenge. Storage issues I assume - without the bird has a worm box :?

Clive wrote:I think there's a lesson in there for some netsuke collectors.. perhps best expressed using another saying.. the early bird gets the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese...

but remember.. if you're the early bird that got the worm.. that might just be because the night owl drank all of the tequila. :D ;)

:lol:

How philosophical of you Clive.

Is "The way of the second mouse" a mantra collectors should adopt. Being the early bird is quite often the most costly strategy. hmm.. numerous levels to your musing. Strategic collecting and a related psychology school 101 lesson from Mr Hallam.

All that before 7am :shock: I know you won't have been eating cheese at that time - so the question becomes - were you the early worm, or does Tesco direct have a new tequila bottle order?
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am

chonchon wrote:A draw! Great idea Martyn. Put me down for two tickets. 8-)

And put me down for a spelling lesson ticket :lol:

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Awwww, Martyn, dang, and here I was hoping to win one or both of Alex's pieces above! 8-)
Piers

Size is something.

jbjtennyo

Postby jbjtennyo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Alex, looks like you have a really neat tiger by the tail, and I toad everyone I love your toad. He picked a beautiful sandal to hop on as well. Wow! great finds!! Congratulations!! Love them love them!
Judy

jbjtennyo

Postby jbjtennyo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 pm

How about this--The early bird gets the worm, but a wise worm sleeps late!!! :D
Judy

billweb

Postby billweb » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:57 am

Oh, don't I wish sleeping late was all it took :roll: .....but late nights have benefits as well ;)

Bill

Operafan

Postby Operafan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks Judy for your nice words ! I also love them 8-)
Alex

Return to “Collector's Gallery”