netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

In support of Dieuwke in NY?

Discussions, identification and analysis of the different types of Metals used in Netsuke, predominately Kagamibuta composition.
chonchon

In support of Dieuwke in NY?

Postby chonchon » Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 am

Just had a reminder in the email from Jeffrey Klotz about Dieuwke Eijer's upcoming NY chapter meeting about metal Netsuke. She wonders if members can bring some along to the meeting.

The thought occurred that we might be able to contribute in cyber space by posting examples here, in advance of her presentation. Our best ones may have already been posted in the threads under Metals, but perhaps we could narrow it down and select a few from there?

NB Disclaimer. I am not a NY member, I do not know her personally, and I am not sure if I have any motive here except that I enjoyed my time in New York many moons ago and I like artisan metalwork, whether swords or Netsuke. 8-)

Ignore as necessary! :P
Piers

Size is something.

chonchon

Re: In support of Dieuwke in NY?

Postby chonchon » Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 am

Here is a Shishi Botan Manju that I once owned. Made with thin sheet pure silver, it is surprisingly light in the hand. Deeply three dimensional.
IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG
Piers

Size is something.

chonchon

Re: In support of Dieuwke in NY?

Postby chonchon » Mon May 01, 2017 6:54 am

Will she talk about 'hybrid' metal Netsuke too, I wonder? Recently Vlad and I compared some Sembei Netsuke with metal decorations and fittings.
Piers

Size is something.

Return to “Metals”