netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.
Sponsor Announcement:

Woolley & Wallis would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate in their auction - Japanese & Korean Art, on the 23rd May 2018.

To access the on-line catalogue please click on the banner below.

Please Note: This sponsorship announcement will automatically disappear on the 24th May 2018.

Introducing the newest INS Chapter!

This Chapter is chaired by Juan-Carlos and will organise local meet ups throughout the North American Continent.
AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:06 pm

Sleeping in after the party, guys? Where are the pics from the meeting?
Alan

Tama

Postby Tama » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Hey! I am on holiday! There will be something posted. I didn't bring my computer so I cannot access pictures. 

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Looking forward to hearing all about the meeting, Jill!
Pics too!!!;)
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:24 am

Will we see a report in the next Journal?
Alan

Tama

Postby Tama » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Yes Alan. I tried to post something when I came home from Florida and I was having technical difficulties posting so I gave up. Plus I had the journal write up and only two days to do it in so I concentrated on that!

Being the newer collector that I am, I have only met Sharen Chappell and Judy. After reading your fall chapter report put the idea of the Roving Chapter into motion. I had a phone call from Tom B. that he would be attending the meeting. We talked for some time. My sister, my cousin, and I arrived early for the meeting, Tom was there and we decided to go for lunch. It was wonderful talking with another collector as I have only spoke on the phone to other collectors with the exception of Judy.

I was like a kid in the candy store viewing all the netsuke Sachi had displayed in her Midori Gallery. The best part was I could handle any netsuke of my choosing. Tom and I spent a great deal of time in one room and I could pick his brain. Then during the meeting more netsuke handling! Then after the meeting at dinner, more netsuke handling! Judy, Tom, Anton and Kako all brought some from their collections as well as the ones I brought. To sum it up in seven words... It was the experience of a lifetime!

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks, Jill. And conventions bring together many more collectors and netsuke.
Alan

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Congratulations Jill!...waiting for the Journal report...
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

Tama

Postby Tama » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:24 pm

AFNetsuke wrote:Thanks, Jill. And conventions bring together many more collectors and netsuke.

Funny, Mike and I were just talking about that today while out for breakfast. We are planning to go to the 2017 convention if it is where I hope it will be in Europe, if everything comes together for us. We also want to take a holiday to see other countries while there!

Tkx Luigi! Phew, I made the deadline!

Tama

Re: Introducing the newest INS Chapter!

Postby Tama » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:52 am

Now that the Journal is out and also online, here are a few photos from the Miami meeting that did not make publication.

DSC_3653 (1).JPG

DSC_3660 (2).JPG

AFNetsuke

Re: Introducing the newest INS Chapter!

Postby AFNetsuke » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:06 am

Sachi (standing) does such a good presentation. At one convention she had us in the whole audience doing recitations of Zen meditations. I think the lights even went down for that. She was unable to attend in Baltimore but did exhibit there and I hope she'll get back out to the west coast of the U.S. soon to join our group.
Alan

Return to “Roving Chapter (North American Continent)”