netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Introducing the newest INS Chapter!

This Chapter is chaired by Juan-Carlos and will organise local meet ups throughout the North American Continent.
DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Announcing the newest INS Chapter, the "INS Roving Chapter!"

Chair is Juan Carlos Saez and Vice-Chair is Jill Ingram.

The idea is a combination of new and old ideas, including a concept put forth by former Pres., John Hawley a while back . . . .

The concept of the INS Roving Chapter is to have a chapter which selects where to meet each time it meets and is not tied to a specific geographical location, for those who don't live close enough to attend our other INS Chapter Meetings, and for others who may have travel plans.

Sachi Wagner has graciously agreed to host the first meeting of the INS Roving Chapter at her gallery, Midori, in the Miami FL area on March 5, 2016, and I believe to make a presentation for the meeting as well.

Wishing best of luck to our INS Roving Chapter!
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:49 pm

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS! Exciting times.

I'm looking forward to hear about the locations and events.

Thanks for taking this on. I hope it really helps those without a chapter. Make sure to Skype the sessions. It brings everyone closer :)
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:47 am

Felicidades, Juan Carlos ! ... or should I say "enhorabuena" ;-)
Happy for you, Jill ! Great team ...
Jan

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:23 am

Logicamente JC, mis màs fervientes "en honrabuena"! 8-)

And for you dear Lady Judy, best wish of good work and ideas! 8-)
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:41 pm

LUBlub wrote:And for you dear Lady Judy, best wish of good work and ideas! ;)
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Sorry sorry sorry....again my mistake in english...Jill Judy...and both names have in my opinion the same high consideration...
Jill now you are Vice President...we need to ask appointment?....:) 8-)
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:55 pm

JC...so dear friend now you have also the need and responsability to promote the Netsuke Art in SAM (South America) in order to have affiliates to organize some Roving Chapter in the region...if we can do (because I consider myself
SAM citizen) probably no other scenario place in the world will be more magnificent than any corner in our Patagonia in the X Region of Lakes...and since now I know where to organize also the best "asado al palo de cordero"
(how you translate in english?...) and liters of Pisco Saur...
If interested I have photos..

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:33 am

I certainly do not deserve this honor (neither I asked for) but I know I'm good as a troublemaker and can promess at least will have lot of fun, besides Jill will do all the job and I will rest in my golden chair to receive honors and blessings
Nec spe nec metu

Nio

Postby Nio » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:21 am

Patagonia is certainly a beautiful and special region (visited last year, there is a lot of WOW) but while a "roving you a going" perhaps a visit to that special museum in New Zealand where Borat reigns. It is not far from Australia or Patagonia, just a little jump over some water.

Congrats on a great idea, Skype or some way for others to watch and participate would certainly make those of us on the outer world feel goooood
Nio " I never learn anything from listening to myself "

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:48 am

Nio - NZ great idea for a roving chapter!!! What say you JC and Jill? Gopi has no choice on the matter :P

Return to “Roving Chapter (North American Continent)”