netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Introducing the newest INS Chapter!

This Chapter is chaired by Juan-Carlos and will organise local meet ups throughout the North American Continent.
jbjtennyo

Postby jbjtennyo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Jill you don't have to do that. I can do it myself tomorrow when I have my computer back. Very sweet of you to offer though. Thanks.
Judy

jbjtennyo

Postby jbjtennyo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Piers Hi. Didn't see you there. So glad you got one too. Sachi is such a considerate lady. I am wondering if I did get one and have just forgotten if it was that long ago. I will check when I get home.
Judy

Tama

Postby Tama » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:56 pm

I leave Wednesday morning for Florida. The first meeting of the INS Roving Chapter will be held at Midori Gallery in Coconut Grove on March 5, 2016 at 3:00pm. Sachi will be providing sushi, sake and sencha during the meeting. Dinner will follow the meeting at Georges across the street from Midori Gallery with show and tell. The opening speaker will be Max Rutherston, then our main speaker Sachi Wagner will follow with a handling session of the Annetta Chester collection.

Juan Carlos will be chairing the meeting from his home in Chile via FaceTime. We had a head count of 18 for the meeting and dinner, now I have added my niece in joining us so that makes 19. Wouldn't it be thrilling to have another younger generation collector?! We'll see!

More to follow!

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Good turnout, Jill!
Alan

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Jill,

The New Roving Chapter seems to know how to pamper its members !
All the best with the upcoming meeting ...

Jan

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:06 pm

Sleeping in after the party, guys? Where are the pics from the meeting?
Alan

Tama

Postby Tama » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Hey! I am on holiday! There will be something posted. I didn't bring my computer so I cannot access pictures. 

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Looking forward to hearing all about the meeting, Jill!
Pics too!!!;)
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:24 am

Will we see a report in the next Journal?
Alan

Tama

Postby Tama » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Yes Alan. I tried to post something when I came home from Florida and I was having technical difficulties posting so I gave up. Plus I had the journal write up and only two days to do it in so I concentrated on that!

Being the newer collector that I am, I have only met Sharen Chappell and Judy. After reading your fall chapter report put the idea of the Roving Chapter into motion. I had a phone call from Tom B. that he would be attending the meeting. We talked for some time. My sister, my cousin, and I arrived early for the meeting, Tom was there and we decided to go for lunch. It was wonderful talking with another collector as I have only spoke on the phone to other collectors with the exception of Judy.

I was like a kid in the candy store viewing all the netsuke Sachi had displayed in her Midori Gallery. The best part was I could handle any netsuke of my choosing. Tom and I spent a great deal of time in one room and I could pick his brain. Then during the meeting more netsuke handling! Then after the meeting at dinner, more netsuke handling! Judy, Tom, Anton and Kako all brought some from their collections as well as the ones I brought. To sum it up in seven words... It was the experience of a lifetime!

Return to “Roving Chapter (North American Continent)”