netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Introducing the newest INS Chapter!

This Chapter is chaired by Juan-Carlos and will organise local meet ups throughout the North American Continent.
AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks, Jill. And conventions bring together many more collectors and netsuke.
Alan

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Congratulations Jill!...waiting for the Journal report...
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

Tama

Postby Tama » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:24 pm

AFNetsuke wrote:Thanks, Jill. And conventions bring together many more collectors and netsuke.

Funny, Mike and I were just talking about that today while out for breakfast. We are planning to go to the 2017 convention if it is where I hope it will be in Europe, if everything comes together for us. We also want to take a holiday to see other countries while there!

Tkx Luigi! Phew, I made the deadline!

Tama

Re: Introducing the newest INS Chapter!

Postby Tama » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:52 am

Now that the Journal is out and also online, here are a few photos from the Miami meeting that did not make publication.

DSC_3653 (1).JPG

DSC_3660 (2).JPG

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:06 am

Sachi (standing) does such a good presentation. At one convention she had us in the whole audience doing recitations of Zen meditations. I think the lights even went down for that. She was unable to attend in Baltimore but did exhibit there and I hope she'll get back out to the west coast of the U.S. soon to join our group.
Alan

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 am

I think this picture representing the best of the new and old world belongs here je je, out of joke was such a great time, I swear I was in flesh when carriers with Netsuke went through the table and both, Max's lecture and Sachi mark a high point for all of us.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Nec spe nec metu

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:10 am

Hi JC - glad you've made it on to the new forum. Cool photo!
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Tama

Postby Tama » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:18 am

AFNetsuke wrote:Sachi (standing) does such a good presentation. At one convention she had us in the whole audience doing recitations of Zen meditations. I think the lights even went down for that. She was unable to attend in Baltimore but did exhibit there and I hope she'll get back out to the west coast of the U.S. soon to join our group.

If I could choose only one word to describe Sachi, it would be elegant. She is very special.

Return to “Roving Chapter (North American Continent)”