netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Former INS Pres. Marsha Vargas Handley, has agreed to accept the INS Treasurer office

DSW90049

Former INS Pres. Marsha Vargas Handley, has agreed to accept the INS Treasurer office

Postby DSW90049 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:09 pm

It gives me great pleasure to announce that, carrying on the tradition of her many years of sterling leadership of INS and predecessor organizations, former INS President Marsha Vargas Handley, has agreed to accept the INS Treasurer position, joining the current INS Leadership Team.

This will provide INS with the continuity of continuing, experienced and proven leadership which Marsha established through her many years of outstanding service to INS, and predecessors.

Please join me in welcoming Marsha as our new INS Treasurer! And, if you see Marsha at the London Event later this week, please both congratulate and thank her. INS is only as good as the contributions of its dedicated members make it, and we are truly lucky to have Marsha agree to assume this important leadership role. Though Marsha closed Xanadu, her wonderful San Francisco gallery where many spent wonderful hours examining her amazing inventory, this proves once again, that you can't keep a good woman (or man) down for very long!
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

souldeep

Re: Former INS Pres. Marsha Vargas Handley, has agreed to accept the INS Treasurer office

Postby souldeep » Mon May 02, 2016 5:40 am

Congratulations.. Or is it commiserations Marsha :D

Thank you for the dedicated service you have already provided... And a very big thank you for agreeing to devote more time via this new role. As David has highlighted, your generous offer helps provide a stability and continuity for the INS. I will be sure to buy you a glass of wine to say thank you next week.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Return to “INS Members features & Announcements”