netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

C.I.S. Chapter - News

Events, meets and discussions around the Ukrainian chapter.
DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Borys Filatov, President of the C.I.S. Chapter, based in Ukraine, has given notice of his resignation to INS pres. Marsha Vargas Handley, and I want to share with you his moving letter, explaining that the current and ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine has required him to take these steps.

We want to join in showing our respect for Mr. Filatov's difficult decision, and in giving our thanks for all he has done for the International Netsuke Society, and extending our sincere hopes that the very threatening political situation in which he finds himself there resolves soon, and that he and his loved ones remain safe.
----------------

-----Forwarded Message-----
>From: Borys <borys.f@yandex.ua>
>Sent: Apr 11, 2014 11:13 AM
>To: Marsha Vargas Handley <mvargas@mindspring.com>
>Subject: Fwd: Resignation
>
>
>Dear Marsha,
>
>I hope you received my email below.
>
>Please, would you be so kind to place it for me on the INS forum or the web-site as an official declaration.
>I understand this is a sort of demarche but I will repeat myself that whilst my country is under the invader's heel and there are Russian secret service agents in my home city I do not want to turn a blind eye on these facts and maintain any sort of ties with Russia.
>
>Thank you and best regards,
>Borys
>
>
>-------- Пересылаемое сообщение--------
>11.04.2014, 20:55, "Borys" <borys.f@yandex.ru>:
>
>Dear all,
>
>Given the course of events in Ukraine and persisting Russian aggression in my country I am also writing as the deputy governor of the Dnepropetrovsk region and would like to declare the above mentioned reasons as such that disable me to further head the Commonwealth of Independent States Chapter of International Netsuke Society with the registered office in Moscow.
>
>My country cannot be bound by any means with the aggressor country that continues sending saboteurs and supplying armed rebels here, that took advantage of our difficult times and stabbed Ukraine in the back and deprived Crimea.
>
>Thus and so I am writing to inform you of my decision to abandon the post of the Chairman of the CIS Chapter, furthermore the sense once put in the designation of Commonwealth of Independent States was lost for the reason that this territory is actually controlled entirely by Russian Federation.
>
>I resign from the post of the CIS Chapter Chairman and propose to elect a new leader. Accordingly I also cease to sponsor the journal and take part in any other projects within CIS and particularly any joint projects with Russia including exhibition in Hermitage.
>
>In respect of the Lazarnik II project, I am conscious of my responsibility to all collectors and it will be continued but in private regime.
>
>My friends from Moscow are still my friends but I am of the strong opinion that personal affairs cannot be extended to official ones.
>Whilst my country is under the invader’s heel and there are Russian secret service agents in my home city I do not want to turn a blind eye on these facts and pretend that nothing happens as well as to maintain humanitarian and any other sort of ties with Russian Federation.

>
>Kindest regards,
>Borys Filatov
>
>-------- Завершение пересылаемого сообщения --------
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

NetsukeManiac

Postby NetsukeManiac » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:58 am

It's a shame to hear that politics is getting in the way of our international society. I hope the situation can be resolved peacefully. Best wishes and peace to our Ukranian and Russian friends.

SC

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Good News received concerning the C.I.S. Chapter of the International Netsuke Society:

"Dear Marsha and Dear David,

On April 11, 2014 Boris Filatov officially resigned as the Chairman of the Chapter of Commonwealth of Independent States of International Netsuke Society (CIS Chapter of INS) due to political reasons. In view of the existence of several projects of CIS Chapter of INS such as Netsuke magazine, Internet website, forum and “Hermitage Exhibition 2016” on April 14, 2014 the majority of the members of CIS Chapter of INS resolved as follows:
[list]
  • The CIS Chapter of INS will continue its activities and projects and will stick to its politically neutral status;
  • The new Chairman of CIS Chapter of INS will be Igor Cheremikin (INS forum name Igro) residing in Moscow Russia;
  • The address and other details of CIS Chapter of INS shall be: 1st Dubrovskaya Street, 13A, Building 1, Moscow, 109044, Russia. Tel: +7 916 656 4167, +7 495 363 6077, email: admin@netsuke.org.ru
  • [/list]
    Very best regards,
    Igor Cheremikin"
    -------------------------

Please join me in wishing all the best to the C.I.S. Chapter of the INS, and to its new Chairperson, Igor Cheremikin, a Forum Regular here as "Igro."Image

"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
    Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

We are all very pleased to know this Chapter will continue on with its publication and events and its politically neutral status. The arts should cross all boundaries.
    Alan

Return to “Ukraine”