netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.
Sponsor Announcement:

Woolley & Wallis would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate in their auction - Japanese & Korean Art, on the 23rd May 2018.

To access the on-line catalogue please click on the banner below.

Please Note: This sponsorship announcement will automatically disappear on the 24th May 2018.

Boxwood "man with fish"

Events, meets and discussions around the New York chapter.
Vlad

Re: Boxwood "man with fish"

Postby Vlad » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm

malakei wrote:You guys are brilliant but I think even though the signature is blurred the consensus on the auction site is that it's good. It has gone from $1.00 to $222.50us and still has almost 3 hours to run. I am going to show a better picture of the signature. I'm a very happy bunny. :o :o :o :o

I guess, our definition of good vs. bad is just somewhat different. ;) Many ivory souvenirs resembling Japanese netsuke do sell in this range. Not what the authentic Japanese netsuke are sold for these days... Not even close. 8-)
"Man sieht nur, was man weiß" - "One sees only what one knows". Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

malakei

Postby malakei » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Thank you everyone, would you look at another I'm thinking of listing. I don't want to deceive any bidders so would be extremely grateful for your thoughts on the following netsuke. I've owned this one for over 30years.
Attachments
MVC-099S.JPG
MVC-097S.JPG
MVC-096S.JPG
mkd

NetsukeManiac

Postby NetsukeManiac » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:55 pm

xxx
Last edited by NetsukeManiac on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Good question Dave. I'm not offering any further opinions on these NLOs other than to say the seller should quit peddling this stuff he likely got burned on 30 years ago.
Alan

malakei

Postby malakei » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Thanks for all your support and understanding. Be Cool Everyone!!!
mkd

Return to “New York (USA)”