netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Identifying Signed Netsukes

Events, meets and discussions around the LA chapter.
heatherfiore51

Identifying Signed Netsukes

Postby heatherfiore51 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Hello,

I just registered today (1/8/17), I live in Los Angeles and would like some assistance as to where I can get clear info for a beginner regarding Netsuke and the signatures they bear. I have a few pieces I inherited from my Mother and would like to learn how to identify the signatures. Any info would be welcome.

Thanks,
Heather

AFNetsuke

Re: Identifying Signed Netsukes

Postby AFNetsuke » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 am

Welcome, Heather. Luckily you live near quite a few netsuke enthusiasts. You might start by taking a group photo of the pieces and posting them here. Also a couple of photos close up. We can give some idea as to what you have. Signature identification may be one of the last things you want to learn about netsuke. Browse around the Lounge a bit and you will discover much. Do you have any records or knowledge of when and where you mother acquired them? This info would also be useful.
Alan

heatherfiore51

Re: Identifying Signed Netsukes

Postby heatherfiore51 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Thank you Alan,

I will get busy photographing the Netsukes and posting them with any pertinent info that I have.

Best,
Heather

Return to “Los Angeles (USA)”