netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

INS Los Angeles chapter meeting

Events, meets and discussions around the LA chapter.
elephantboy

Postby elephantboy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:49 am

David, What do you think setting the next Los Angeles chapter meeting for a day during the week-end of October 8 2011?

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:02 pm

I was just about to circulate an email to all members about that.
I am trying to work it out with Jeff Klotz to come lecture to our Chapter and we have been exchanging emails about when he will be out here.
Let me see if that date works for the members.
Thanks.

"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:00 pm

We had our first Fall Meeting of the INS SoCA Chapter meeting yesterday and Paul Moss gave us three separate lectures with PowerPoint presentation: on the June Schuerch collection silk seals and stag netsuke; on Ottoman, and; Inro from the Ely Nordskag Collection (pardon misspellings).

A fun time was had by all!!!!

Our Nov. Meeting will feature Jeff Klotz as Speaker - if you have plans to be in LA in Nov, PM me for details. We encourage guests to attend with us here. All details T/B/A, as we get closer to November.

May I suggest that as a supplement to the INSJ reports from each INS Chapter's meetings, that Vlad, our fine Moderator, set up a thread for reports of same from each Chapter, and move this thread there. I think that giving real-time reports, rather than waiting months for somewhat more stale reports in print, may enliven and help with INS Chapter Meeting attendance, as well as attracting more to this Forum.
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "

Vlad

Postby Vlad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:45 pm

David, good idea. Unfortunately section can only by created by the Administrator, and with the new site upcoming very soon (I am already testing it right now!) I will wait for it to be fully operational before implementing new changes. A little more patience! We have waited longer!
"Man sieht nur, was man weiß" - "One sees only what one knows". Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Great, thanks Vlad!
Can't wait to see the new format . . . . and I'm sure I speak for all the Forum Faithful in saying that![img:37oom1xy]http://netsuke.websitetoolbox.com/images/boards/smilies/cool.gif[/img:37oom1xy]

Have you figured a way to preserve all the old threads in the new format?

Vlad

Postby Vlad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:13 pm

"DSW90049":3azxevnc wrote:
Have you figured a way to preserve all the old threads in the new format?

[/quote:3azxevnc]

Yes, it's all in the Archives section, which is still for the moment linked live to the current Forum, so I can even access it from there, if I want.
"Man sieht nur, was man weiß" - "One sees only what one knows". Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:42 pm

:);)8-)[img:25ec2x22]http://netsuke.websitetoolbox.com/images/boards/smilies/comp.gif[/img:25ec2x22][img:25ec2x22]http://netsuke.websitetoolbox.com/images/boards/smilies/angel.gif[/img:25ec2x22]

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:27 am

Hope info wizards will keep in mind poor apple-mac users like me with no Flash available
Nec spe nec metu

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:01 pm

carlomagno, Mac's [i:3o6mxyrh]can do[/i:3o6mxyrh] Adobe Flash
~ it's iPads that cannot do Flash.
Use Firefox as your browser instead of Safari on your Mac, and it will prompt you to download the latest Flash for Macs.
[i:3o6mxyrh]
On the iPad, nope, because Steve Jobs didn't like Flash . . . .[/i:3o6mxyrh][img:3o6mxyrh]http://netsuke.websitetoolbox.com/images/boards/smilies/cool.gif[/img:3o6mxyrh]
he said it was a pig about using too much power and memory . . .

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:42 am

So I"m dead. my life is my Ipad now, notebook is docked in my office. Let see if the new Apple CEO changes opinion about Flash. HATE WINDOWS!!. Anyway It would be so nice if you guys not only share few social pictures but Paul's PPt presentations?
Nec spe nec metu

Return to “Los Angeles (USA)”