netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

INS Los Angeles chapter meeting

Events, meets and discussions around the LA chapter.
carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:14 am

I'm interested! Thank you!!
skype name jcsaez59
Nec spe nec metu

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:40 am

David, does Max have a specific topic he will address? Would be good to know so we can brush up in that area or bring references and possible questions.
Alan

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Alan, Max R. told me that his speaking topic at our 12-13 INS LA Chapter meeting (we start at 11am, not our usual Noon, to accommodate Max's busy travel schedule) will be an overview and discussion on his recent research, including his "findings on Fabergé and netsuke."

Max is an outstanding speaker and a world class authority in our field.

Max also requested that, if there are any specific pieces you would like him to bring with him to our meeting, to please let him know in advance. He is bringing a small selection. Perhaps a month or so ago, Max sent around emails listing many pieces which he recently acquired, in addition to his extensive inventory.

You can email Max at: max@netsukeandinro.com
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Max R has given us authorization to attempt the Skype real time, worldwide broadcast of his lecture at our upcoming INS LA Chapter Meeting this Sunday, 12-13-15, starting at 11am Pacific (not our usual Noon starting time, since Max has some tight travel connections).

If you want to attempt to attend via Skype, my Skype name is, not surprisingly:

dsw90049

You have to send me a contact request in order for me to be able to patch you in.

Also, if you want to share your computer with another viewer/attendee or two, please do that, as my Skype membership allows up to 10 connections - I don't know how stable that will be with connections all over the world, and this being still very much in the experimental stages, but we will shortly find out!Image
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Perfect - that is 7pm time GMT this Sunday so good for me. Looking forward to it.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Five of us will meet at CalBear's on Sunday to join the Skype session.
Steve mentioned to me that there is an INSJ article in the Summer 2007 edition on Faberge and the biblio for that one listed another by Bandini in a much earlier journal. I have to dig it out tonight as well.
EDIT: could not find the second article as it is listed incorrectly as Vol 8 No.2 of Journal of INS. It is actually by Luigi Bandini published in the Journal of the International Netsuke Collectors Society Vol 8 No.2 from 1980. Some of the same pieces but I liked the way Luigi wrote this one.
Alan

borat

Postby borat » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:06 am

I'd like to join in as well from NZ, David ..... please

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 pm

The INS Los Angeles Chapter Meeting begins in about three hours - we are starting early at 11am Pacific, because of Max R's travel schedule.

LAST CALL for Skype attendees - send me your Skype name so I can send out the contact request. Still very much experimental, but all are welcome to attend until I can't fit any more windows on my screen - I think the limit is 10.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:23 pm

David... Just realised I assumed you know mine. Won't be home until 6. Do you need mine?
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:50 pm

A Cartier-Bresson "Decisive Moment"...

A massive thanks to the LA Chapter for pushing the boundaries today and sharing the meeting around the world. A big thanks out to Max for a fascinating talk.

The future of chapter meetings I'm convinced - especially for those of you without local chapters (although something else related to this to be announced shortly!).

Attachments
2538684_aa.jpg

Return to “Los Angeles (USA)”