netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

INS Los Angeles chapter meeting

Events, meets and discussions around the LA chapter.
DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 pm

It gives me great pleasure to announce the following:

Effective immediately, Dr. Susan Atchley, or as we all know her, "Sue," will be taking over as Chair of the International Netsuke Society's Los Angeles Chapter!

Thus, while Sue's Mother, Victoria Atchley, helped Richie Silverman, who was Chair of the LA INS Chapter for 25 years, preside over the First Golden Age of Netsuke & Sagemono here in greater Los Angeles; now, Sue Atchley will have the honor, privilege and fun of presiding over the Second Golden Age of Netsuke and Sagemono, here in greater Los Angeles!

Let's have a round of applause for Sue Atchley!!!!!

"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Congratulations and a big thank you Sue. The LA chapter is very lucky to have such an institutional name take the helm... and thank goodness they got rid of, now what was his name... dodgy shirts - oh yeah - that David fella!
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Yes, congrats, Sue. Your chapter has come back to an even stronger life under that "dodgy shirt" guy and should inspire the rest of us to keep working at getting local folks together. We hope some NorCal members can get together for a joint meeting one of these days.
Alan

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:26 am

My comment was of course meant tongue in cheek - David's passion is infectious. I imagine the LA chapter meetings are one of the best, if not the most, exciting get together in the world chapters at the moment. Luckily they are not losing his company - the shirts will still ride proud!
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 pm

• ImageImageImageImage Dodgy shirts, eh? . . . . . .
  • [/list]
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:58 pm

A sure sign of a man comfortable in his own skin... The shirts just can't shout louder than the wearer's personality :-D

calbear

Postby calbear » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:56 pm

David has asked that I inform Forum participants that he will be attempting to Skype the next LA INS Chapter Meeting on Sunday December 13th at 11am PST ... If you're interested (and there is a strict limit to the number of Skype participants), please respond to this note .... Participants will be chosen in the order in which they respond .... Thanks ....

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm interested thank you.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks, Steve. A few of us will plan to get in on the Skype session as a group (at your home) as we discussed. That will allow more individuals in other locations to participate. I'll bring food and some drinks.
Alan

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:36 pm

If you are interested in attending our attempt to broadcast our upcoming INS LA Chapter Meeting, on Sun. Dec. 13, from 11AM to 3PM, where Max R will be our speaker, via Skype, kindly let me know your Skype name so that we can test out the connections before the meeting. Supposedly, I can join 10 people under my Skype account, but more can share computers as Alan and Steve may be doing. As this is still very much experimental, and of course, subject to Max R's approval, please bear with our attempts if things do not go smoothly for attendees.

I am "DSW90049" on Skype, as here . . . Image

Return to “Los Angeles (USA)”