netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

INS Los Angeles chapter meeting

Events, meets and discussions around the LA chapter.
AFNetsuke

Re: INS Los Angeles chapter meeting

Postby AFNetsuke » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Thanks, Sue for organizing the LA Chapter meeting last Sunday. It was great to meet some new people and see other long time friends like Richie Silverman. It was just under an hour drive from our new home to the restaurant but we left plenty early because of our encounter with a lot of traffic on the same road (the 405) on the way to LAX airport for the Cologne Convention. So what to do with an extra half hour when it was smooth sailing? Go to the Irish Pub two doors down and watch the USA get spanked by New Zealand in the America's Cup races (no gloating Gopi!). I'll let Sue post some more of a report with pics on the meeting which lasted 3+ hours but will mention that Richie proudly showed off his acquisition of the Masatoshi model of the head of Danjuro V. It is a beautiful expressive contemporary carving with hair treated with silver nitrate finish.
Alan

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:35 pm

In case Sue is tied up on this USA Independence Day (4th of July) long weekend I am posting a shot of her giving a detailed recap of our INS June Convention. She had lots of photos in a well organized PowerPoint presentation. There was also sharing of many nice pieces among about a dozen attendees.
Screenshot_20170701-122233.jpg

First one of Richard Silverman and David Butsumyo engrossed in assessing a piece.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170626-121919.jpg
Alan

wyattreed

Postby wyattreed » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:56 am

I am truly grateful Richie took an interest in my humble ceramic collection
192.168.0.1 router login, json formatter online

Return to “Los Angeles (USA)”