netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Euronetsuke Hungo 2018: 30th August – 3rd September 2018

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
souldeep

Euronetsuke Hungo 2018: 30th August – 3rd September 2018

Postby souldeep » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Dear community,

Lost for where to holiday this coming Autumn?

Fancy the romance and culture of a city steeped in European history, architecture and natural beauty? Add to this companionship of warm like-minded individuals passionate and willing to talk and study netsuke. Still not sold? Well let’s throw in a museum handling session, a collectors exhibition and catalogue, a cultural lecture on the collections history of the city… and for good measure – a FREE collectors BBQ with traditional Bogratch and beverages. Can this dream really become reality?

Well time for the coffee - Euronetsuke Hungo 2018.

7b7752427fd698b5f8ed43da8e07cd61.jpg

Euronetsuke warmly invites you to join us for a set of netsuke events scheduled to take place in Budapest, Hungary, from the 30th August – 3rd September 2018.

A summary of keys events are published below. Please click on the PDF link at the bottom of this post to view full details of this extended weekend of events and locations.

Euronetsuke Hungo 2018

Thursday 30th August 2018

• Traditional Hungarian Welcome Meal: 7.30pm – late (Estimate £20 per head)

Friday 31st August 2018

• Antiques Hunt along the famous Faulk Miksa Utca: 9.30am – 12pm
  • Hungarian Collectors Exhibition: 1pm – 5pm (includes complimentary buffet and refreshments)
  • Famous Hungarian Collectors – a lecture by Eva Cseh: 6pm – 6.45pm
  • Evening Meal: 7pm – 8.30pm (Estimate £30 per head)
  • Show and tell: 8.30pm – late Saturday 1st September 2018

Saturday 1st September 2018

• Handling session at Ferenc Hopp Museum (Group 1): 9.30am – 12pm (limited to 15 applicants)
  • Spa session at the historic Szchenyi baths (Group 2) : From 6am – 12pm
  • Lunch Event : 12.30pm 1.30pm
  • Handling session at Fernenc Hopp Museum (Group 2): 2pm – 4.30pm (limited to 15 applicants)
  • Spa session at the historic Szchenyi baths (Group 1) : 2pm – 5pm

Sunday 2nd September 2018

• Meet the collectors – a traditional Hungarian BBQ: 2pm – late

Monday 3rd September 2018

• A set of gentle paced guided tours around Budapest for those that wish to take part

Due to size restrictions places will be restricted to the first replies received. Please RSVP to Peter Ayre ( Ayrepj@aol.com ) by Thursday 31st May, stating which events you wish to attend. (Peter will acknowledge all replies received, but please bear with Peter initially as he will be unlikely to be able to respond for the next few days).

Whilst members wishing to stay in Budapest for the event will need to be responsible for arranging their own accommodation and travel, the PDF provides some tested recommendations. We encourage you to book flights and hotel rooms as early as possible as prices will rise due to the popularity of this wonderful European city.

We look forward to seeing you in late summer for Euronetsuke Hungo 2018!
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

pjburton

Re: Euronetsuke Hungo 2018: 30th August – 3rd September 2018

Postby pjburton » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am

Unfortunately we will be on holiday at that time so will not be able to attend. :cry:
Peter

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Really looking forward to this event. Anne and I and Mandy Anderson have booked flights and rooms. Just this AM we heard from our LA Chapter Chair, Sue, that she is also coming.
Alan

neilholton

Postby neilholton » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:19 am

Hi Alan,

That is brilliant news! Lisa and I are looking forward to seeing everyone there :)

I have to call Jay Hopkins tonight, he was even thinking of trying to make it.

peter

Postby peter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Hello my friends,
I am coming to London weekend in 11th May and we can discuss any question, or helpfull information about Budapest.
I will send more info about trafic or museums or any els you need before the Hungo event.
Peter
(Salamon from Budapest)

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Just in case you guys didn't make the connection. Peter is the generous gentleman opening his house and collection on the Sunday (and that's not to forget the wonderful Eva who will be cooking the best food no doubt). You can see his very cool mustache in the pdf guide. On top of that, Peter will also be one of the main contributors to the exhibition we will all be very lucky to see and handle and the Friday :)

Peter.. Thank you for the kind offer to help those visiting.

PS Peter I am growing mine. Get ready for a magyan tauche competition :x
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Return to “Europe”