netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Netsuke Convention Cologne 2017

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
ashinagatenaga

Netsuke Convention Cologne 2017

Postby ashinagatenaga » Wed May 11, 2016 4:21 pm

Let me start with a big THANKS to everyone of you guys on London who made me feel very welcome! I had great 4 days learning, handling and talking about netsuke!

I'm especially thankful (and yes, PROUD!) that Marsha did announce the next year's INS Convention in Cologne!! With Trudel's experience and Martyn's devotion we can definetly manage whitness great Netsuke-days in Cologne - the only thing we might not work on might be a weather as we had it in London. Still, let's see what we can do....

As I'll be assisting Trudel I want you guys to know (and I told David, Marsha and Martyn) that if there is anything I can already take care of as a local or sth. you guys have questions about (Cologne-related, or more precisely convention-related) please feel free to contact me any time!!!
Via mail: adrian.heindrichs(a)t-online.de or also via my mobile (I gave it to David and Marsha, Martyn also has it, so feel free to call me!)

I'm already looking forward to hearing from you/seeing you!!
Bis bald in Köln!
Attachments
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3068.JPG

souldeep

Re: Netsuke Convention Cologne 2017

Postby souldeep » Wed May 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Adrian... Salute!

Your presence and skill will be a massive part of the jigsaw for the INS cologne 2017 convention. Exciting times... But much to do. Trudel and Marsha will be an unstoppable force. All the best ladies and gentlemen are on the job and I will support wherever you think I can bring value. The INS board deserve praise for there support and hard work on deciding this could happen. David, Marsha, John, Rosey, Jay and Gopi met many times over the convention to debate the matter. A sincere thank you from all of us.

I am right now in the montcalm lobby awaiting a post convention gossip with Gopi (think he's missing all the netsuke talk as everyone has left London now). I have just been delivered, whilst writing this post, a cold glass of German beer... So now I raise the first mouthful, to the future success of Koln... Prost

PS Is it me or is Oli about to scratch my eyes out in that first photo!?
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Thu May 12, 2016 7:53 am

Hi Adrian !

wonderful to have you on the forum ... weren't the days in London just a blast ?
Great to see your commitment to work together with Trudel, Marsha and Martyn for the upcoming Convention.
A big thank you to all who paved the way to make this possible.

Adrian, you're the kind of guy I look up at ! (pun intended ;) )
Jan

ashinagatenaga

Postby ashinagatenaga » Thu May 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Hey guys,

Really looking forward to it though the work ashley faced seems quite intimidating!

Martyn: I think you guys argued who's gonna pay the beers!!
Jan: I hope you'll say the same after the Cologne-week....

Best regards from sunny Cologne!

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Thu May 12, 2016 3:27 pm

ashinagatenaga wrote:Martyn: I think you guys argued who's gonna pay the beers!!

Now you mention it - I do have a recollection of Oli being insistent it was his turn. The politest of reasons to argue I guess :lol:
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Adrian, I sincerely enjoyed meeting and spending time with you in London!

Thank you for joining us here on our new, and astoundingly improved, INS Forum!

We now have the BEST INS Convention Planning Team EVER. I am confident that Marsha, Trudel, Martyn & you, Adrian, with others helping, will make the official INS June 2017 Cologne Convention, the finest ever staged, and one which will become the stuff of legend unto my still tiny Granddaughter's Generation! Onward & Upward - THE WORLD IS WATCHING
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

RoyT

Postby RoyT » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi,

Are the dates for this event settled?
Regards Roy

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi Roy,

yes, the dates are set from 6th to 10th of June 2017.

more news will follow here and in the next INS Journal ;)
A lot of work has been done already behind the scenes by many like Martyn, Trudel, Adrian, Marsha, David and more ...
Jan

ashinagatenaga

Postby ashinagatenaga » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Hey Roy,

Sorry for this late answer (I should look in here more often actually :? )
6-10th it is!

Lectures will be held in the estasian art museum in Cologne while dealer room and previews will be at the parkInn, Radisson Cologne just a few meters away...

Costs for registration have already been established (roughly) and the exact costs will be comunicated within a few weeks!

Looking forward receiving your questions and hopefully see you all in Cologne!!

ashinagatenaga

Postby ashinagatenaga » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 am

Hi everyone!

I fear there was some confusion coming up these days regarding the early reagistration date for the Cologne Convention.
(4/1/17 doesn't mean 4th of January but April 1st!)

So early registration is possible until April 1 2017!

If you need any help with registration or if you have questions let me know!

Regards from Cologne!!!

Return to “Europe”