netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

ARTS & ANTIQUES at Olympia 2nd to 8th November 2015

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
souldeep

Postby souldeep » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:56 am

Neil Holton Japanese Art will be hosting a stand at this years Olympia fair.

You can find Neil and Lisa presenting Netsuke and other fine Japanese art pieces on stand B10 at the following times;

Tuesday 3 November11am - 8pm
Wednesday 4 November11am - 8pm
Thursday 5 November 11am - 8pm
Friday 6 November11am - 7pm
Saturday 7 November11am - 7pm
Sunday 8 November11am - 5pm

Neil is kindly offering complimentary tickets so if find yourself in London between the 2nd and 8th of November be sure to contact Neil on enquiry@neilholton.org and get yourself to the event!

If you are unfamiliar with Olympia as a venue you can find it by satnav/googlemaps with the address;

Olympia National,
Olympia London,
Kensington,
London
W14 8UX

By London Underground

The closest train station is Kensington Olympia. London Overground runs scheduled services from Shepherds Bush (central line) and West Brompton (district line or 10 minute walk from Earls Court tube).
For more information, visit Transport for London or call London Underground Travel Information on .

By Train

The nearest mainline station is Kensington Olympia. London Overground and Southern Trains run direct services to Kensington Olympia from Clapham Junction, Willesden Junction, East Croydon and Milton Keynes.
Visit National Rail Enquiries for more information or call .

By Bus

Olympia is served by the following bus routes:
Hammersmith Road 9, 10, 27, 28
Holland Road 49
North End Road 391

By Shuttle Service

A complimentary shuttle service will be running to and from the top of Olympia Way on the corner of the Olympia venue and outside the Sloane Square Hotel, between 2 – 8 November.

More details on the overall event can be found here http://www.olympia-antiques.com/
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

borat

Postby borat » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:37 am

As a visitor to London on a previous occasion, I thoroughly enjoyed visiting this event with the complete spectrum of fine decorative art on view.

It was like visiting a highlights package of a hundred episodes of Antiques Roadshow with the bonus of champagne on hand :)

London is a wonderful town (congratulations to the All Blacks today!)

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:00 am

Yes - congratulations - by all accounts this world cup has apparently been the best yet.

Your National hero - Jonah Lomo was quoted last week as saying he want to move with his family to London. Gopi - you know all the best NZ guys come here - you should join them - Netsuke heaven :D

To Monday - the start of Asia week and the biggest gathering of Antiques in one place - it's a busy one this year for sure!
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:58 pm

And so Asia week(s) has kicked off with the opening night at Olympia - yes I'm still recovering from the champagne preview event last night!

There was a bit of a paparazzi buzz around the artist Chen Chapeng who unveiled his latest bust - of the Queen. Applause erupted as he reviled the work... However the papers this morning have been littered with what some of us thought last night hehe http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/11969941/New-bust-of-the-Queen-looks-like-Tom-Hanks.html

Now on to important things!

Mr Holton unveiled his latest collection - to rapturous applause from me, Jay, Petra and a few others - and not a Queen or Tom Hanks in sight. Had a lovely evening with the guys and once again found myself kicked out with the dregs of a champers glass after closing.

What can be said about Neil’s selection of items across his 7 display cabinets... well I'll let the pictures talk. Some examples shared below.

:shock:

A closer play just had to be had of course!

Guys - make sure you visit!
Attachments
2496654_DSC_1261~2.jpg
2496656_DSC_1277~2.jpg
2496657_DSC_1248~2.jpg
2496658_DSC_1249~2.jpg
2496659_DSC_1252~2.jpg
2496663_DSC_1255~2.jpg
2496664_DSC_1256~2.jpg
2496666_DSC_1257~2.jpg
2496667_DSC_1262~2.jpg
2496678_DSC_1247~2.jpg

borat

Postby borat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Great report Martyn (you are a Sloane Ranger with champagne in hand ! )

As a doctor I can tell Jay may have "Kirin Fever" .... I could have similar symptoms, ruminating Kirin-like thoughts

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Well Doc - you'll know the remedy then - put the misses on beans on toast for the next six months and cure those symptoms overnight hehe.

No all joking aside - whoever scoops this treasure is one lucky collector. Good luck to all of you currently negotiating!

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Great report, Martyn ! wish I could visit.
wishing Neil a prosperous week ...
will have to drink a "Kirin" beer instead ...
Jan

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:14 pm

Yes, sometimes I forget traders must do business for us having a chance to continue exploring this fascinating art of netsuke. All the best for You this week Neil, your new webpage is great and martyn's pictures evidence a lot of effort and knowlege to display such a treasure, stars are aligned!!
Nec spe nec metu

jbjtennyo

Postby jbjtennyo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:49 am

Best of Luck, Neil!  Martyn, thanks so much for all the images!  Those of us across the pond are so sad to be missing such a grand event.  I hope you find a little treasure for yourself as well!
Judy

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:55 am

Wish I could've been there.
Piers

Size is something.

Return to “Europe”