netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Euronetsuke chapter meal & "show & tell" invitation - 10th November 2015

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
souldeep

Postby souldeep » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Calling all Euronetsuke members.

The Euronetsuke board are pleased to announce that the next meeting of the European Chapter will take place on Tuesday, 10th November, at 6.30 p.m. at “The Gay Hussar”, 2 Greek Street, Soho,
London, W1D 4NB.

The Chapter had a very successful event at the restaurant a couple of months ago and this meeting has been arranged to take place during Asia Week. As many of you will know, “The Gay Hussar” is a famous Hungarian restaurant with a very interesting history. The restaurant has agreed to provide us with a room in which to hold our event and provide us with a 3-course meal with wine and coffee.

The price of the meal will be £35 per head.

The evening will include a “show and tell” event, so please bring along some of your netsuke to share and discuss.

As there are often a number of netsuke being viewed at any one time, it would be an aid to discussion if you could also supply a few words on a small card or piece of paper to accompany your netsuke describing what it is, how old it is and by whom it was carved, etc. If you have any questions about the piece, why not write these down as well and we will see if we can answer them? You may also find it useful to bring an illuminated magnifying glass.

Please let Peter Ayre ( ayrepj@aol.com ) know if you will be attending the event by 1st November.

Please note the £35 payment should be arranged as soon as possible. You can contact Peter to arrange payment.

Unfortunately, this event is limited to 24, so will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.

The event can only accommodate guests of Members if places are available so any Member wishing to bring a guest will need to provide Peter with their guests name for inclusion on a waiting list.

Hope to see you there - especially you guys that have flown into London for Asia week :)
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Spaces are filling fast!

Just a reminder that this Euronetsuke event takes place next Tuesday evening. If you would like to join us send me a message via the forum or feel free to contact Peter Ayre directly at ayrepj@aol.com
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

B_art79

Postby B_art79 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:05 am

Hope you all had a great evening and a lovely meal! Wish I could be there but unfortunatly I had to fly back home on sunday after a lovely couple of days netsuke hunting.
I would like to thank Martyn for taking us around and all the dealers for having us over.
Hopefully next show and tell will be anounced a bit earlier so I could plan it in

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:16 am

Looking forward to any kind of report! :)
Piers

Size is something.

Csaba

Postby Csaba » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:13 am

Sadly I couldn't visit the Asian Week this year, but missing this meeting was the most regrettable among the programs for me.

I'm sure you all had a great evening and please share some pictures if anyone had them. :)

A hungarian restaurant would have been especially funny for me to taste in London. :)

Kind Regards

Csaba Moro

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 pm

I took pictures - currently unavailable because I broke my phone this morning!

The event was really enjoyable and quite humorous, 17 in total, privileged to be joined by a host of individuals like Klaus, Dr Reinhard, Gabor, Barbara, Roco, Stefan, Peter, Petra, Kathleen, Max and many names that escape my hungover mind right now. It was a great mix of Europeans - if anything - slightly more Germans than any other contingent. But don't mention the war (Petra!!!).

Dr Reinhard - I said I would coax you out of lurking mode - please join us here :)

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing more about this gathering, when your phone is better, Martyn!Image

"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Lol - phone a write off - I only hope I can transfer WhatsApp messages and photos! Tomorrow I will have a new phone delivered.

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:34 am

What the hell did you do to it, Martyn?
Piers

Size is something.

borat

Postby borat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 am

I wouldn't give Martyn any valuable netsuke to hold, if he can't even hold a phone .... hands of a sea lion :D

Return to “Europe”