netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Euronetsuke chapter meal & "show & tell" invitation - 10th November 2015

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
souldeep

Postby souldeep » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:56 am

Hey Luigi - no my collection is not secret. Far from it. I openly welcome anyone to come and stay and handle at their own pleasure. For those that cannot make the trip - I am always open to Skype. For example last weekend out very own Bart came to stay for a few days. It is best Bart posts about that experience though.

Before I was a moderator I posted nearly every piece I brought. But since being a Mod I felt there had to be a change. Now I only post for one of three reasons;

1) I can post something from my collection because it is in a subject someone else is discussing (so helps that thread e.g. recently I have posted a few on the Halloween thread).
2) I have a question on a piece and have exhausted my line of enquiry.
3) I have found out something new or exciting I feel has value sharing with the community (e.g. like that thread of the carver that worked on branched deer horn Manju - you contributed one to that thread yourself).

I have basically been without comms in one of the busiest Netsuke weeks of our calendar. It's been painful. Fingers crossed my new phone comes early next week.

Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Tama

Postby Tama » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:42 pm

Martyn~ Now that your phone is operational, may we see the pictures from the show and tell?

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi Jill,

Unfortunately I only have a few. Certainly not my best photography either in quality or capture. I wanted to catch the guys talking without getting them to pose. Badly done - sorry.

Stefan, perhaps you took some you could share?

Attachments
2516892_DSC_0038.JPG
2516894_DSC_0040.JPG
2516895_DSC_0039.JPG
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Tama

Postby Tama » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Martyn~ Thank you so much for sharing the photos of the Euronetsuke show and tell. I really enjoy seeing and reading about the fellowship. For a few of us isolated members without a chapter anywhere near us, makes us feel like we are a part of the gathering!

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Happy to oblige. On this occasion I wasn't well prepared for photos though.

Do you plan to come to Paul Moss's event next May in London?

Tama

Postby Tama » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Being a modest collector I am of modest means. As much as I would love to, I cannot jet off to Europe! I am working on attending the 2017 INS convention that I hope will be in Europe this time around. 

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:56 am

I know the feeling Jill - but it would be no fun if we just had the money eh. Having to work to collect Netsuke makes them all the more appreciated when we are lucky enough to aquire one :)

nicholas1957

Postby nicholas1957 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Hello,
likewise,i am a modest collector, but it isn't just about collecting , it is also about study of this fascisnating artform & Japanese culture !
Nicholas Westover
njw

Tama

Postby Tama » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Nicholas~ So very true, the study is fascinating! Collecting netsuke and then having them at hand to study over and over, plus all the books with fabulous photos of netsuke is quite satisfying! 

Return to “Europe”