netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Baur Museum visit (Geneva, Switzerland) - 24th September 2015.

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:58 am

Those of you that are Euronetsuke members will have received your journal by now. Hopefully you will have read Petra Dorman's article about the Baur Museum visit this coming September. In case you haven't here's some info for you guys.

The Baur Foundation is an excellent Museum of Far Eastern Art based in Geneva, Switzerland. It holds an important and comprehensive Netsuke collection that we are lucky enough to be invited to spend a day handling (thank you to Petra for making this happen who personally visited and negotiated the event).

More info on the Museum can be found here - http://www.fondation-baur.ch/

Registration Form for a netsuke handling session at the Baur Museum of Far Eastern Art

8 Rue Munier- Romilly 1206 Geneva Switzerland

Thursday 24th of September 2015

First come first basis

Please reserve your place by emailing Petra Dorman:

dormanpetra77@gmail.com

There are only 6 remaining spaces available for this event in September.

From the forum regulars myself, Richard Gustar and Neil Holton are going and have already booked a hotel and brought the flights. Personally I chose to extend my trip arriving on the 23rd and leaving on the 26th. Geneva deserves a relaxed pace to explore and sample the night life :D
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

peter

Postby peter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi Martyn it is good news.
I want to participate to.
On 24 th where and when are the meeting?In the museum? or selected location?
Ok I will check my possibility.
Peter

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi Peter - good to hear from you :)

I will email you the hotel we are staying at (it's in the bohemian district of Grottes Saint-Gervais) - it also has a 24 hour bar woohoo Image

We will be meeting at the museum for 9.30am.

Viewing starts at 10am.

Location - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=The+Baur+Collections&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

peter

Postby peter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:22 pm

OK perfect.
Peter

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:35 pm

UPDATE: There are only 2 remaining spaces available.

Be quick if you want in!

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Guys - thanks for the responses;

All places now closed

BUT - due to popular demand (according to a few individuals who have contacted me privately they want to come but find its to close to the INS convention date)... There is a second visit running... I've started it on a separate thread found here: http://www.netsuke.websitetoolbox.com/post/baur-museum-visit-geneva-switzerland-session-ii-19th-november-2015-7307266?pid=1286283731#post1286283731

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:00 am

2 spare places have just become available on this trip!!!

We have a real dynamic mix of individuals going - this trip is a rare opportunity to handle some high quality Netsuke and shoot the breeze with other passionate collectors. Costs for the trip are very reasonable - just find a hotel and flight to suit your budget. Easyjet are a no frills airline that fly directly into Geneva for little cost. Last minute flights still avalable.

Please contact dormanpetra77@gmail.com to secure a place.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 am

1 of the spaces has been filled.

Only 1 space left now.. Whoose going to be the lucky taker?

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:02 pm

And now the event begins. Excited to catch up with you all tomorrow. A nice group dynamic looking at the final list. Hope you all enjoy drinking hehe.

I'll make sure to report back to the forum after the event.. but right now I have a four day holiday to enjoy. Hasn't come a moment too soon. The break is needed!

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:44 am

Martyn and colleagues,

My best wishes to enjoy this unique experience at Baur Collection.!

I was lucky enough to see it, one of the most extraordinaires collections in the world.

Many and Many pieces impressed me but because in this moment we are discussing the Tomotada subject one of the pieces in the collection is Catalog 1183 an unusual composition of the Calf...

Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

Return to “Europe”