netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Netsuke: miniature masterpieces - Thursday 3 July 2014 - 6.45pm

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
tanukisan

Postby tanukisan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Looking forward to meeting you at the talk Martyn!

John 

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:11 am

Just looking into the options to get my hand on a digital camcorder. Will keep you all posted.

John - it will be great to meet you! I think my photo has been branded around this forum a bit but if you've not come across it then let me enlighten you as to what I look like. I thank Luigi for coining this. Just look for a blonde Jesus ;)

Actually on this occasion I will be coming from work so will be suited, booted and hair tied up. The fella fumbling with a video camera might also be a dead give away Image
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:03 pm

Martyn, you might be easier to find if you just wear fins, snorkel and diving mask...
Alan

Vlad

Postby Vlad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Just fins may be good enough. I don't think there will be more than two wearing them there, and Martyn will be suited and with the camera - remember?
"Man sieht nur, was man weiß" - "One sees only what one knows". Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

Engraver

Postby Engraver » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 am

I have just received confirmation that a place has been reserved for me at this event so I can enjoy a pleasant afternoon at the British museum and then the lecture. It will be good to see you again, Martyn.

Andy

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:57 am

Andy - will be good to say hi to you again as well. Sounds like you're going to make a day of it 8-)

All avenues of attempt have failed to borrow a digital camcorder.

Although I am happy to give up my time to record, edit and share the event online - I'm not happy to pay £150 to loan a camera for the event. I'll keep trying to find an alternative before next Thursday.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:11 pm

I hereby promise to donate to one, Martyn D. Jones, the sum of 150 GBP, payable in USD at the Baltimore Convention circa Sept. 2015, so that he can rent the video camera and we can all enjoy this event and gathering.

How's that, Martyn? Image

P.S. Just between us and don't tell anybody else, but I REALLY want to see you do this.
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 am

Hi David - that's very kind of you but I would like to find an alternative that won't cost anyone. Worst case scenario I could use my digital camera but for some strange reason it is restricted to recording bursts of 19 minutes in HD format so I will need to make sure I'm ready to hit the record button again as soon as it stops.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:38 am

I have had a few pm's inviting individuals to the event and in doing so realised I did not post the Japan Society registration form for the event on this thread.

If you wish to come just click on the link below and submit the details. It's FREE :D

http://www.japansociety.org.uk/booking-form/

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:04 pm

UPDATE: Registration is now closed.

Due to an unprecedented response the Japan Society have closed doors to any further bookings.

Those that are booked 8-) and I hope to see you Thursday. If you haven't yet got the book it will be selling at the event for £10 per copy - but be warned - with so many coming you may have to be near the front of the queue for one of those.

To those of you that discussed it privately with me and haven't yet had the chance to book - I'm sorry. All is not lost however. I will try my best to get this event recorded and Rosemary may be organising another such event in the foreseeable future. Keep your eyes on the Euronetsuke section of the forum for the video and any further announcements by Rosemary.

On a final note - Please do come and say hi to me. I will no doubt be pretending to look busy with the camera but ignore the facade. There is real value in putting names to faces - even if it's only a quick 20 second hello.

Return to “Europe”