Lost for where to holiday this coming Autumn?
Fancy the romance and culture of a city steeped in European history, architecture and natural beauty? Add to this companionship of warm like-minded individuals passionate and willing to talk and study netsuke. Still not sold? Well let’s throw in a museum handling session, a collectors exhibition and catalogue, a cultural lecture on the collections history of the city… and for good measure – a FREE collectors BBQ with traditional Bogratch and beverages. Can this dream really become reality?
Well time for the coffee - Euronetsuke Hungo 2018.
Euronetsuke warmly invites you to join us for a set of netsuke events scheduled to take place in Budapest, Hungary, from the 30th August – 3rd September 2018.
A summary of keys events are published below. Please click on the PDF link at the bottom of this post to view full details of this extended weekend of events and locations.
Euronetsuke Hungo 2018
Thursday 30th August 2018
- Traditional Hungarian Welcome Meal: 7.30pm – late (Estimate £20 per head)
Friday 31st August 2018
- Antiques Hunt along the famous Faulk Miksa Utca: 9.30am – 12pm
- Hungarian Collectors Exhibition: 1pm – 5pm (includes complimentary buffet and refreshments)
- Famous Hungarian Collectors – a lecture by Eva Cseh: 6pm – 6.45pm
- Evening Meal: 7pm – 8.30pm (Estimate £30 per head)
- Show and tell: 8.30pm – late Saturday 1st September 2018
Saturday 1st September 2018
- Handling session at Ferenc Hopp Museum (Group 1): 9.30am – 12pm (limited to 15 applicants)
- Spa session at the historic Szchenyi baths (Group 2) : From 6am – 12pm
- Lunch Event : 12.30pm 1.30pm
- Handling session at Fernenc Hopp Museum (Group 2): 2pm – 4.30pm (limited to 15 applicants)
- Spa session at the historic Szchenyi baths (Group 1) : 2pm – 5pm
Sunday 2nd September 2018
- Meet the collectors – a traditional Hungarian BBQ: 2pm – late
Monday 3rd September 2018
- A set of gentle paced guided tours around Budapest for those that wish to take part
Due to size restrictions places will be restricted to the first replies received. Please RSVP to Peter Ayre ( Ayrepj@aol.com ) by Thursday 31st May, stating which events you wish to attend. (Peter will acknowledge all replies received, but please bear with Peter initially as he will be unlikely to be able to respond for the next few days).
Whilst members wishing to stay in Budapest for the event will need to be responsible for arranging their own accommodation and travel, the PDF provides some tested recommendations. We encourage you to book flights and hotel rooms as early as possible as prices will rise due to the popularity of this wonderful European city.
We look forward to seeing you in late summer for Euronetsuke Hungo 2018!