netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Euronetsuke Fest - Saturday 6th May 2017

Events, meets and discussions around the European chapter.
souldeep

Euronetsuke Fest - Saturday 6th May 2017

Postby souldeep » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Dear Netsuke Enthusiasts,

What does a treasure hunt, a picnic in the park, the Katchen sale and a Room with a Tsu all share in common?

Euronetsuke Fest 2017!

You are hereby warmly invited to join a Netsuke event packed day in London on Saturday 6th May 2017. The date has been chosen to coincide with those of the Europeans members that may be visiting London for the Katchen sale. We hope you feel this event accessible :)

Below is the PDF detailing the full itinerary of the day’s events.

We understand this 12 hour marathon might be a stretch too far for some. The day has therefore been broken up into event sections. Everyone is welcome to pick and choose whatever combination of events you would like to attend.

Please RSVP to Peter Ayre, by Friday the 28th April, at the latest. Please clearly state which events you will be attending.

NOTE: Due to the size of the private room hired for the Room with a Tsu event, the evening event will be restricted to the first 20 reservations.

We look forward to seeing on the 6th May 2017.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

souldeep

Re: Euronetsuke Fest - Saturday 6th May 2017

Postby souldeep » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi,

Just a quick reminder that we are looking to close reservations for this event today, the 29th April.

This is because we need an idea on exact numbers so we can order the food, drinks etc.

If you are around London on the 6th, then why not come along to one, or all, of the events advertised during the day.

Look forward to seeing you there :)
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Bakurae

Postby Bakurae » Fri May 05, 2017 11:40 am

Wishing you all a good adventure tomorrow. It sounds like a near-perfect day--would love to have been there! Please post some pictures when you can.

Alison

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 am

Ditto the above. Me, jealous? Moi? 8-) :cry: 8-) :cry:
Piers

Size is something.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Fri May 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks for the good wishes. Just finished the maps lol! House now stinks of burnt paper. Felt like I was 9 again :lol:

Busy, busy.

I'll be sure to take a camera along, and share pictures from the day :)

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Fri May 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Have a great outing guys.
You burned the treasure map edges? I haven't done that since Cub Scouts. You'll make a great home room mom, Martyn.
Alan

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Fri May 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Already do, Alan :lol:

RoyT

Postby RoyT » Mon May 08, 2017 8:20 am

Hi Martyn,

It would be nice for us who did not have the opportunity to go to London to read a bit about this event and maybe see a few photos? ;)
Regards Roy

tanukisan

Postby tanukisan » Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Ok Roy, here is my find from the 12 hour Euronetsuke Fest on May 6th - I bought this in the morning session treasure hunt from the Portobello Market - a marine ivory Meiji badger rather better endowed than many and carrying all before him! Hopefully others will post photos in the sushi restaurant and netsuke at the Bonhams viewing later.
Attachments
DSCF3751.JPG
DSCF3747.JPG
DSCF3752.JPG

John 

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 am

Thanks for the update John. Wow, you would need some huge cojones to wear that Netsuke in public!!! :D
Piers

Size is something.

Return to “Europe”