netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Our dear friend LUBlub

A topic area to discuss whatever comes to mind from personal stories to images of your most recent holiday.
HLH

Re: Our dear friend LUBlub

Postby HLH » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:07 am

Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to meet Luigi in person. But he followed my posts here in the forum and invited me any moment to come to Lugano to see his enormous collection. My deepest condolences to Luigis family and friends.
Henrik

Be careful out there
鬼は外、福は内

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:36 am

Luigi is resting in peace is my first thought but he enjoyed so much living, was such a tremendous force and passion, I can not accept him simply passing. He was my friend, my uncle. We shared a common desire for a renewed INS, an unconditional love for Netsuke art. His Italian heritage plus the Argentinean culture made him dangerous for his foes and a father for his friends, nothing in between. His love for Lucia was so unconditional and so evident it was simply beautiful to see them together. Luigi had a deep understanding of the ruling laws of this world being an economist, a great knowledge on Japanese culture but first of all he was a gaucho by heart.
Rest In Peace my friend, tío mío.
Nec spe nec metu

billweb

Postby billweb » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:45 am

I was shocked and saddened to hear of Louigi's passing and can only offer my deepest and most sincere condolences to Lucia and his family. His postings were always looked forward too-- He seemed to have a fabulous piece for every occasion, always generously sharing beauty and knowledge. He will be sorely missed.

Bill

lisa holton

Postby lisa holton » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:31 am

Obviously I didn't know Luigi - although I've heard Neil speak about him - one thing is clear he was very passionate about netsuke and any loss like this is a sad one. My thoughts and prayers are with his family
The wisdom humanity seeks lies within the consciousness of all human beings, trapped and held
prisoner by their own person minds - Sydney Banks (The Missing Link)

peter

Postby peter » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 am

Oh a sad news.
You really missed for this forum and netsuke community.
Rest in Piece.
My condolences to Lucia and the Luigis family.
Peter

jbjtennyo

Postby jbjtennyo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:04 am

Absent for awhile traveling, I am so sad to come back and hear this news of Luigi leaving us. I do know that , Although he has traveled on and out of site, his spirit and joy of collecting will always remain with us. I can almost see him being greeted by Antonio, both grinning and holding a netsuke they smuggled into heaven! God bless you Luigi, and prayers and sincere condolences for Lucia.
Judy

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm moved to read your comments.
Luigi was a person out of the ordinary and leaves an unbridgeable emptiness. He loved sharing his passion for netsukes with all of you even though sometimes he was inflexible on his opinion.
Thank you so much.
Lucia
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Dear Lucia, we are touched and honoured by your presence. You keep Luigi's memory alive. Luigi fondly talked of your own interest and passion in netsuke. We cannot thank you enough for the love, care and dedication you gave to him and us. I will always think of you as "Luigi's Angel".

You are always warmly welcomed here, and instantly amongst friends. I hope you will decide to stay. Thank you :)
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Return to “Coffee Lounge”