netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.
Sponsor Announcement:

Woolley & Wallis would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate in their auction - Japanese & Korean Art, on the 23rd May 2018.

To access the on-line catalogue please click on the banner below.

Please Note: This sponsorship announcement will automatically disappear on the 24th May 2018.

Our dear friend LUBlub

A topic area to discuss whatever comes to mind from personal stories to images of your most recent holiday.
bandini

Our dear friend LUBlub

Postby bandini » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:34 pm

I'm very sorry to tell you all that Luigi, LUBlub passed away last week. Those who knew him knew is love of life, enthusiasm and his tireless fight of that old enemy cancer. Love and condolences go to his companion Lucia.
Last edited by bandini on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bandini

souldeep

Re: Our dear friend LUBlub

Postby souldeep » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Dear Rosey,

Thank you for letting the community know. This is very sad news for the forums members, and everyone that was touched by his charismatic spirit. He was a fighter until the end, and always cared deeply for the passion we all share in netsuke, and the INS society he supported.

I would like to also pass on my condolences to Lucia (Luigi always warmly referred to Lucia as "my angel" ) and let her know our thoughts, prayers and love are with the family.

A sad day for us all.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Very sad indeed. No matter our occasional differences, Luigi and I shared many personal stories by PM or email. He loved life and was a constant positive spitit for me. His fight with cancer was a long one and we will always remember him fondly.
Alan

szwang

Postby szwang » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Although I have only known Luigi for little over two years, but he really is a remarkable figure in the netsuke world, his passion for netsuke is always inspiring.
For those several times I visited him in Lugano, he always looked healthy, or even lively for me. During Chinese new year we were exchanging emails and planing another visit in the summer...but now I can never see him again, no more talking to tolerate again..

Being new to the netsuke world, he is the first person I've known who have passed away. The bond connected by netsuke is much deeper than I thought. I really hope I could have said something more interesting to him the last time we met, or to get to know him better, or have sent a better written email to him.

May god rest his soul, and condolences go to Lucia.
Last edited by szwang on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanukisan

Postby tanukisan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Rest in peace Luigi. The netsuke world and this forum is the poorer for your passing.

John 

Bakurae

Postby Bakurae » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:52 pm

I didn't know Luigi in person, but I feel as if I did. A great guy, and what an eye he had! His absence will be deeply felt here. For all of you who did know him, I am so sorry.

Alison

Clive

Postby Clive » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:04 am

Fair to say Luigi and I had our differences but we shared a passion for netsuke and I know only too well at the moment how very tough his passing will be on his family and friends.. my deepest condolences.

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:51 am

Nothing to add, but I guess he will join Antonio here and be a constant presence and guiding spirit with us on the forum. Hard to accept his passing, a real shock, and all kinds of regrets immediately kick in, but for now just to wish his wife condolences and to record what a warm and bubbly and larger than life character he was, if difficult at times! :x
Piers

Size is something.

Operafan

Postby Operafan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:04 am

Luigi has always been kind and willing to share his passion and knowledge with the netsuke community.

I have met him and Lucia at their beautiful home in Lugano last January, honoured to be able to see part of his collection, moved to witness how kind and caring Lucia was. Such a wonderful, noble lady !

Lucia, please accept my deepest condolences. Luigi will be very much missed here...
Alex

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:03 am

Luigi's attitude in collection was much informed by his motto " Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.".
Testimony to this was his support for many of the contemporary artists, like the commission of a set of the Junishi by Kangyoku, which is quite fabulous.
As said already, he shared so much here and will be missed. My sincere condolences to Lucia and his family.
Jan

Return to “Coffee Lounge”