netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.
Sponsor Announcement:

Woolley & Wallis would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate in their auction - Japanese & Korean Art, on the 23rd May 2018.

To access the on-line catalogue please click on the banner below.

Please Note: This sponsorship announcement will automatically disappear on the 24th May 2018.

Merry Xmas season :-)

A topic area to discuss whatever comes to mind from personal stories to images of your most recent holiday.
souldeep

Merry Xmas season :-)

Postby souldeep » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:55 am

As most of us will now be off for Xmas, and Gopi will almost be upon the day itself, I just wanted to wish you all a very happy break and restful Christmas.

This year I find myself in a reflective mood. It's a time to remind myself how blessed I've been, and to remember those less fortunate. We will all also know someone that has had it tough this year, and David and his family have been close to many of our hearts. I've found the White's my inspiration, and remain awestruck by their energy, love and faith. Against all odds, they continue towards the light, shaking off the snow.

I have on a few occasions, shared a festive favourite with seasons greetings. This year I wanted to share something that not only provides a moment of contemplation, but also a small message of hope.

Down every road we come, through driving snow.

phpBB [media]
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

chonchon

Re: Merry Xmas season :-)

Postby chonchon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:45 am

Many thanks Martyn. I will watch that when I get a moment away from the family table... 8-)
Piers

Size is something.

Bakurae

Postby Bakurae » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Thank you, Martyn.
Happy Christmas to the whole family here.

Alison

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:21 pm

A beautiful an meaningful song, thank you Martyn and Merry Christmas to all of you
Nec spe nec metu

tanukisan

Postby tanukisan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:36 pm

A Very Happy Christmas to one and all!
Here's a little something to raise a smile for David ...............
funny-merry-christmas-cartoons-sayings-quotes-2015-inside-funny-merry-christmas-wishes-quotes.jpg

John 

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Everyone have a joyous and Merry Christmas!
Alan

Oishii

Postby Oishii » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for posting this song, Martyn. Touching the soul ...
Merry and Joyful Christmas, everyone.
souldeep wrote: We will all also know someone that has had it tough this year, and David and his family have been close to many of our hearts. I've found the White's my inspiration, and remain awestruck by their energy, love and faith. Against all odds, they continue towards the light, shaking off the snow.
So true ... Hang in there, David !
Jan

jimfowlie

Postby jimfowlie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Merry Christmas one and all.
Jim (INS member)

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Being in the battle time can not hide a sense of nostalgia remembering the past times in this forum where it has also created a sense of family, for many personally, for many virtually ... My memory and good wishes and renewed hope goes today to everyone, but especially for David White and his wife ...
Martyn, thank you for your words and the moving song...
And thank you for the new road that you could open in the forum bringing it to the XXI century and to the new generations of collectors who arrive and they will arrive ...
A Merry Christmas to all of you ...
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

kaibutsu

Postby kaibutsu » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:45 pm

11581326660.jpg
INS mascot

Return to “Coffee Lounge”