netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Thank you for your trust and patience :-)

A topic area to discuss whatever comes to mind from personal stories to images of your most recent holiday.
souldeep

Thank you for your trust and patience :-)

Postby souldeep » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Dear Community,

Due to workload, family life and a desire to find more time to study netsuke, I have decided to step down from the moderator role. By the time you read this, my mod permissions will have been removed. I will be sporting an orange moniker for the first time since this forum launched (green was never my colour anyway darling).

It's been, on the vast majority of occasions, a pleasure getting to know many of you on a more intimate level. Thank you all for the patience and support you provided over the years :love:

This decision has already been discussed within the MODTeam, and I am extremely honoured to have served more recently beside Jan and Judy, and earlier, beside Alan and David White for what now seems like a lifetime |( When I've struggled, those guys never failed to lift me. In those guys the community has a sincere, caring, hard working team. It's surprising how much time moderating a forum takes. What regular members observe is only the tip of the iceberg. I have a deep admiration for those who voluntarily serve community, and especially for our Modteam who day in, day out, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year serve our wider INS community.

Whilst I want more time with the family, this is not a message to announce my disappearance from the scene. For next year, I've been working on some exciting events for the INS community, and those development projects currently shelved, might just get progressed!

I will of course, continue posting here on the lounge. You'll just have to get used to me in orange :lol:

Tata for now...
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Clive

Re: Thank you for your trust and patience :-)

Postby Clive » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm sure I speak for the majority of our community when I say that your contribution has been just immense Martyn and is deeply appreciated... more so for those of us who know just how much you've put into it and how that's impacted on other aspects of your life.
Thanks for everything mate... you've been the best.

Can't let you go though without one more giggle.. ;) :lol: :lol:
phpBB [media]
Last edited by Clive on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operafan

Postby Operafan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Small correction to Clive’s post - you ARE the best, mate ! Thank you for all your support and help, Martyn :!: :!: :!:
Alex

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 pm

I hate when somebody quit without previous notice but in your case four years dealing with characters,sometimes from divas to mentals, and all type of childish schemes, takes finally a huge byte of patience. Beside the Moderators job, You Martyn are responsible for changing positively this small world the Netsuke forum and for just that you deserve our respect and a huge gold watch. Enjoy your retirement as a moderator and welcome to the sharks world of the opinion writers. YOU ARE THE BEST PAL!!
Nec spe nec metu

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 am

Welcome to the outside world looking in, Martyn! :D

Actually this has come as a total surprise to me, mixed with not a small amount of concern. Are you really all right, and next to that, will we really be all right? I cannot imagine life here without you, Martyn, but you have helped launch, float and steady this aircraft carrier, so I guess we must trust this deck, and our way forward on it. :mrgreen:

Many thanks for everything so far, please visit frequently, and please keep a weather eye out for us. :P
Piers

Size is something.

chonchon

Postby chonchon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 am

Oh, and I hope you can take all the time you need to enjoy your various projects too! :idea: 8-)
Piers

Size is something.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 am

chonchon wrote:Actually this has come as a total surprise to me, mixed with not a small amount of concern. Are you really all right, and next to that, will we really be all right? I cannot imagine life here without you, Martyn, but you have helped launch, float and steady this aircraft carrier, so I guess we must trust this deck, and our way forward on it. :mrgreen:

Thank you for your sincere concern Piers, but thankfully on this occasion, it's misplaced. Everything is alright :)

I'm not disappearing - and the forum will continue in the same manner as the community has become accustomed. My announcement was to simply let the community know that I am stepping down from the time consuming responsibility of moderation. It's a selfish decision on my behalf - too much to do, not enough time. Judy, Jan and Alan have the helm, they have been doing this successfully since launch of the new forum, and as the MODTeam, will continue to steer the lounge on a steady course.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

peter

Postby peter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:21 pm

OMG
You made me sad. I was wery proud (I am still) about a four year you became a real netsuke expert and fan and give our community a fresh blood. Your activity irreplaceable.
I understand that the moderators activity are a 24 hour ministration.
I want to thanks for this service for us Martyn.
And thank you Judy, Alan, and Jan you staying this responsible position.
Peter
ps : when You come to Budapest I need a consolation.

Bakurae

Postby Bakurae » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Thank you for all your good work, Martyn. I hope this means you'll now get to struggle less and talk more. Your words and ideas are always great to see on the Forum.

Alison

Return to “Coffee Lounge”