netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Where is Netsuke Frontiers topic???????

A topic area to discuss whatever comes to mind from personal stories to images of your most recent holiday.
RoyT

Re: Where is Netsuke Frontiers topic???????

Postby RoyT » Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 am

Hi Clive,

I am one of the observers greatly missing this topic. I have been interested in netsuke for about 1,5 year and I am in a "reading phase" to try to learn as much as possible in this field.

Through this topic I did learn the diffrence between stain and dye and I was very much looking forward to get some knowledge about patina. I have one netsuke which have "good dark patina". The netsuke was bought from a very reputable dealer in London so I fully believe the description is correct. But if it was described as beeing dyed I would have believed that too :oops:

So I hope you will continue to enlighten people like me in one way or the other :idea:
Regards Roy

Clive

Postby Clive » Wed May 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback everybody.. I appreciate it.

A new Netsuke Frontiers series will appear in due course.. I'm in the process of giving the old one a deep critical review and hope in the new one to retain the parts that I felt worked and to try something different with the parts that didn't. 8-)

phpBB [media]

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm

We would hardly call any piece of Frontiers a failure, Clive. I'd call it a slam-dunk :!:
Alan

Operafan

Postby Operafan » Wed May 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Well put, Alan ! 8-)

Looking forward to the revival of the previous series and the new series, Clive ! :!:
Alex

carlomagno

Postby carlomagno » Thu May 04, 2017 12:16 am

Same here Clive and thanks!
Nec spe nec metu

Return to “Coffee Lounge”