netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Spring Journal Arrival

A topic area to discuss whatever comes to mind from personal stories to images of your most recent holiday.
AFNetsuke

Spring Journal Arrival

Postby AFNetsuke » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 pm

Volume 57 No. 1 Spring 2017 arrived in south central coastal California. Now I have to cut short my evening outing. The article on Juntoku Minko of Tsu by Neil Holton is loaded with pics and looks very good. Our Lounge friend CalBear (Steve) should enjoy the article by Heinz and Else Kress on Old-Fashioned Inro described in 1705 by a Kyoto Makie-shi. Early inro seem to have become quite popular since the first Wrangham sale in London.
Alan

Clive

Re: Spring Journal Arrival

Postby Clive » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:30 pm

I thought Neil's article particularly good. Really hope he can find time to write more for the journal.

tanukisan

Postby tanukisan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:58 am

Totally agree. More please Neil!

John 

peter

Postby peter » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:05 pm

My journal arrived to Budapest but first time a demaged condition somehow. Maybe the hurry local postoffice.
Neil article really interesting. The memento for Sue made me again nice memories.
Peter

Vlad

Postby Vlad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Just arrived in NYC! Would like to join to the kudos to Neil. Hope he will continue publishing - something to wait for! Also many thanks to Heinz and Else. What would we do without them?!

And I also got one personal accomplishment - my first ever auction purchase got finally reflected in the highlights by Gabor. The principles of selecting those is still a big mystery to me, I must admit. The opening this review pieces from the December Van Ham action were quite trivial and the selling prices spoke for themselves...
"Man sieht nur, was man weiß" - "One sees only what one knows". Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

Bakurae

Postby Bakurae » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:19 am

The Journal reached DC today; looking forward to Neil's Minko article, the Kokusai review, etc.

Alison

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:57 pm

I loved Neil's article - it triggered a deeper interest within the workshop for me. It was also quite comprehensive for a Journal article. I enjoy those longer articles that are well written - something to get the teeth into.

As an extension of the article - a reminder that Neil will be hosting a Tsu workshop on the 6th May, for any of you who can make it (timed to coincide with those travelling to London for the Bonham's sale).
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

billweb

Postby billweb » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Summer Journal just arrived in Southern Cal. Fabulous cover!!! Looking forward to a lazy read this afternoon. :)

Bill

rogers8

Postby rogers8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 am

Really looking forward to
Spanish translator online, bullet force multiplayer

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Rogers8, you are new here. Must be an INS member to get the Journal. We should change your status to allow access to members only area. :)
Alan

Return to “Coffee Lounge”