The ability to create and vote in polls is determined by the "Polls" set by the administrator. Whilst all registered members will have the ability to vote in a Poll, the ability to create one is current disabled for the membership. It may be enabled for members, or a sub set of members such as INS members, at a future date.
The options under the Poll tab are:
- Poll question - This is the idea or issue that is being voted on in the poll. This is required to start a poll.
- Poll options - These are the allowed answers to the poll question. When entering a poll option, each should be placed on a separate line of the textbox. At least two poll options are required.
- Options per user - This is the number of options each user may select when voting. When a user is allowed more than one option, a series of checkboxes replaces the radio buttons of the standard poll.
- Run poll for - This is the number of days in which users can vote in the poll. Once the time has passed, no more votes can be made and the results will be displayed.
- Allow re-voting - If this is chosen, users will be able re-cast their votes.