netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Removal of Netsuke Frontiers

As we have now moved to a new forum platform please help us by sharing any issues you identify. Please keep criticisms as short and concise as possible, limited to criticisms of the software (not people), so that it will be possible for us to review and fix them.
AFNetsuke

Re: Removal of Netsuke Frontiers

Postby AFNetsuke » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Get better soon, Clive. Good time to give up those cigarettes BTW. We all look forward to developing our observation skills with your continuation of this topic. I wanted to post some hair examples but my netsuke have all been packed away for moving while we marketed our current home. My old photos didn't show what I wanted.
A comment on the videos: although I could see the shape of the tools and cuts the various tools should make, I could not perceive that by looking at the board cuts themselves. I don't know whether it would be possible to get more magnification when showing such examples. I knew how they should look but did not really observe it.
Alan

Clive

Postby Clive » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:49 pm

AFNetsuke wrote:Get better soon, Clive. Good time to give up those cigarettes BTW.

Thanks Alan, the next set of videos I post will hopefully give a much better insight into the character of individual cuts and how those cuts come together to create an overall effect. We then might really start considering how the various sort of cuts age and wear.. how they take colouring and develop patina and how they might have used by the carver or a desired expressive result. That's roughly where we are with consideration of the Ikkan's Kirin in Part 2.

oh and BTW.. I gave up smoking more than 4 years ago after Gopi had a long talk with me. I very occasionally have a puff when having a pint with Martyn or some other bad boy ;) but they mostly just make me feel nauseous these days. :)

Operafan

Postby Operafan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Get better soon, Clive ! :!:
Alex

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Congratulations on making a healthy difficult life change. We want you around for a while. And those pints just keep our HDL "good cholestetol" in high range. :D
Alan

DSW90049

Postby DSW90049 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:32 pm

Get better and feel better, Clive!
"There is no shortcut to netsuke collecting; it takes time, study and patience. The market is flooded with utterly worthless rubbish. . . . "
Netsukes: Their Makers, Use and Meaning, H. Seymour Trower(1898)~~~~David

Return to “The Lounge Technical Issues”