netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Problem with my account

As we have now moved to a new forum platform please help us by sharing any issues you identify. Please keep criticisms as short and concise as possible, limited to criticisms of the software (not people), so that it will be possible for us to review and fix them.
souldeep

Re: Problem with my account

Postby souldeep » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Just a quick update on this.

There is currently no evidence to suggest the site has been compromised, or a hack has taken place.

I'm waiting for Luigi to attempt accessing the site from another device/machine to help identify if he can replicate the issue he's seeing from his home computer. For the moment, until any new evidence arises, it appears to be machine specific (potential Malware) for Luigi.

That being said - I have raised this issue with the support team at PHPBB to identify if anything like this has ever been reported by other users of the platform. I have also raised a ticket with our service provider, to check they haven't introduced any recent changes (especially in the area of cache services) to the host services that could cause this odd occurrence.

If it is a centralised issue, I would expect other members of the community to start noticing odd occurrences of user names being displayed incorrectly. I would appreciate that if anyone else notices anything out of the ordinary, you take a screenshot, and share it on this thread.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 am

Hi Luigi,

I see your avatar has changed. Based on the image, I suspect that was your action?

I'm still awaiting on your help, I cannot physically access your machine or environment. So when you get the time, would you kindly confirm answers to the following three questions;

1. Can you test if the problem you witness, on your home computer, also occur on other devices or machines you log into?
  2. What browser are you currently using on your home machine?
  3. If you have more than one browser on your local machine, does the problem also manifest in these other browsers?

Luigi - for now please ignore these requests in this post. Thanks.
Last edited by souldeep on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited post to let Luigi to ignore the requests in this post for now.
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

KPR

Postby KPR » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:56 am

I think it is related to the language translation working in the background. In the Hmong language (which is automatically recognized), LUBlub has the meaning "The lone (in German: der Einzige)
Klaus

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:16 am

I bow at your feet Klaus. Thank you from the bottom of heart. Thank god I am surrounded by intelligent members on this forum.

You are absolutely spot on and I will now be able to isolate the problem.

For example - Lublub in Hmong, via google translate, returns "The Club". This is what Luigi is seeing under his profile for full name.

Klaus - Can I ask where you found the translation for Lublub as "The lone"?

souldeep

Postby souldeep » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 am

Luigi - can you please visit your User Control Panel and screenshot the following settings under your Board preferences tab;

UCP.jpg

Can you also confirm if you have recently installed something in your browser that helps you translate the language (perhaps in investigating the art - or recent politics) of any of the following countries;

• China
  • Vietnam
  • Laos
  • Myanmar
  • Thailand

KPR

Postby KPR » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

souldeep wrote: ......Klaus - Can I ask where you found the translation for Lublub as "The lone"?

Simple answer: I speak Hmong.

Difficult answer: By chance I had the correspondence translated into German.
The name LUBlub changed into "Der Einzige"
Now I gave LUBlub directly into the Google translator and now appeared the recognized language Hmong and the translation.
Klaus

Return to “The Lounge Technical Issues”