netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

Recent work

A forum for INS sponsor Artists to showcase and discuss their work.
ABland

Recent work

Postby ABland » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 am

I haven't posted anything of my own work here for quite a while, but i have been busy carving and i feel like i have learnt a great deal over the past year which I am using to develop my technique. I have to give credit to Clive again for sparing the time to guide and teach me. I thought i would share my most recent project to provide an update as to where i am in my netsuke journey. I have called this one heralds of autumn which has been inspired by my last two trips to Japan both of which were in late September and early October. It attemps to bring together the old and the new signs that autumn is just around the corner. It is 44mm wide and 19mm tall, carved in english boxwood. There is more information on my website in my signiture. Thank you
Attachments
dsc02654.jpg
dsc02637.jpg
dsc02638.jpg
dsc02630.jpg
dsc02639.jpg
dsc02634.jpg
Last edited by ABland on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

souldeep

Re: Recent work

Postby souldeep » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi Adam,

Congratulations. The work and your personal development are impressive. It displays sensitivities in the tradition of Japanese carving.

The motivation behind the work also appeals to my tastes. It possesses a meaningful emotion I personally relate to.

The Himotoshi is a very nice addition to the work as well. That attribute draws parallels with Masayuki who, in some of his work, created a very similar himotoshi style.

I hope you will be able to bring some of your work with you to the May weekender. I look forward to handling!

BTW - If you would like to create a 3D model of this or other works, chuck me a PM and I will help out :)
Piglet: "Pooh?" Pooh: "Yes, Piglet?" Piglet: "I've been thinking..." Pooh: "That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet." - A.A. Milne.

Bakurae

Postby Bakurae » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:09 am

Awesome!

Alison

Clive

Postby Clive » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:27 am

Well done Adam.. I particularly like the stalk's detail and the sensitive leaves.. over-all it's come together very nicely. 8-)
Good job.. what's next?

ABland

Postby ABland » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 am

souldeep wrote:
I hope you will be able to bring some of your work with you to the May weekender. I look forward to handling!

BTW - If you would like to create a 3D model of this or other works, chuck me a PM and I will help out :)

Thank you for the kind words. Im happy to bring a few things down to london with me so I will see you there. I'll send you a pm as well.

Thank you Clive. I always get a little stuck between projects. There will probably be a few false starts before i really get going on something.

raoux

Postby raoux » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:14 am

Hi Adam. Very nice work. Complexity, a lot of details, very interesting.

Return to “Artists Showcase”