netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

particular netsuke

A forum for INS sponsor Artists to showcase and discuss their work.
raoux

particular netsuke

Postby raoux » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:01 am

A special netsuke, like an old knife. Painted boxwood.
chris1.jpg
chris2.jpg
chris3.jpg
chris4.jpg
chris5.jpg
chris6.jpg

LUBlub

Re: particular netsuke

Postby LUBlub » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:11 am

Strange piece, look like the ancient version of the Swiss Knife very famous in the world...
But, extremely difficult for me to call this piece Netsuke...Size?...
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

raoux

Postby raoux » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Dimensions: 7 x 2 x 1,5 cm.
I think that japan people have no pocket knife, and french people no netsuke. So i made an object that 's not french or japanese .

AFNetsuke

Postby AFNetsuke » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:11 pm

A rusty Sashi netsuke. Raoux, your ability to mimick surfaces is quite amazing.
Alan

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:36 pm

AFNetsuke wrote:A rusty Sashi netsuke. Raoux, your ability to mimick surfaces is quite amazing.

Agree Alan..but more than that the phantasy........ :shock:
Excellence in netsuke art don't need signature or pedigree, or age, only quality, aesthetics, beauty.

raoux

Postby raoux » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks a lot Alan :) . I understand you LUBlub, my work is not to carve what japanes netsuke-shi have carved during a long time. My vision of netsuke is a living art, not doing what ancients have done, but just try to discover new netsuke. Excuse my english, but i hope that you understand what i want ti say.

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:10 pm

Understood Raux...
New frontiers in art never stop...
And your "sashi netsuke"is the
Modern interpretation of French / or Japanese art creativity, I confess isThe first
Time in 43 year collection life I have the opportunity to observe a " sashi SWISS knife style" as expression of creativity
But evolution is this: new frontiers...
My respect.
:roll:

raoux

Postby raoux » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 pm

You make me laugh. I think it's more difficult to carve a "real netsuke". Sometimes i try to do one, and sometimes i let my imagination go.
I understand what you say LUBlub, you're r right, it's easy to carve anything and to tell that's a netsuke, and i understand that "purists" don't like some of my netsuke, it's normal !

LUBlub

Postby LUBlub » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 pm

raoux wrote:You make me laugh. I think it's more difficult to carve a "real netsuke". Sometimes i try to do one, and sometimes i let my imagination go.
I understand what you say LUBlub, you're r right, it's easy to carve anything and to tell that's a netsuke, and i understand that "purists" don't like some of my netsuke, it's normal !

Do not stay in thought, since history is history all pioneers and visionaries have been criticized or burned in the rocks ... is the price to pay for those who "always seek new ways"
"
I did not consider myself a "purist" and in fact everyone knows that I have strongly defended the contemporary netsukeshi and their modern work ... for me art is beauty, but everyone loves and looks for his beauty universe ...

raoux

Postby raoux » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:12 am

Hi LUBlub, i hope that i don't hurt you. I understand your point of view, it's very interesting for me to be criticized, that make me progress.

Return to “Artists Showcase”