netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.

New works

A forum for INS sponsor Artists to showcase and discuss their work.
omtra

New works

Postby omtra » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Hallo everybody,

I just wanted to share some of my recent carvings.
The rat is carved in stag antler and approximately 4,5 cm in height.
It was carved as a gift for a friend of mine I omitted the himatoshi due to his objection.

The lizard is carved from pear wood and 4.3 cm in height , it sits on it`s remaining part of the tail patiently.
Every gift comes with a price.

One elephant is carved from pear wood and has the eye`s inlaid in stag antler and ebony his tusk are made of mammoth ivory.It is 4.5 cm in length. One tusk is deformed in it`s size and the elephant covers his weak spot with the trunk while complaining to be different from the others.
The netsuke can be worn showing one or the other side.

The other elephant is carved from a Taguanut, which has a very smooth and nice touch to it.
It is 4,5 cm in height
It putted a lot of effort and labor in the polishing process but I still missed a spot here and there.
The himotoshi channel enters throu the head and leaves throu the trunk it is almost a straight line.
The taguanut already had a hole in it, so I tryed to incorporate it into my design.
When worn the traditional way the knot will serve as hairstyle, so was the plan.
And it can also be hung for modern-day usage.

Kind regards.

Artur
Attachments
Anders-als-die-Anderen,-2016,-Birnbaum,-Geweih,-Ebenholz,-Mammutelfenbein,-4,5-x-3-x-2-cm-.jpg
Echse-auf-dem-verbliebenen-Stück-Schwanz-sitzend,-2016,-Birnbaum,-4,3-x-2-x-2-cm.jpg
Elefant-im-Porzellanladen,-2016,-Taguanuss,-4,5-x-3,5-x-2,6-cm.jpg
Rat, 5,5 x 2,5 x 2 cm , Stag antler 1.jpg
Rat, 5,5 x 2,5 x 2 cm , Stag antler 2.jpg
Rat, 5,5 x 2,5 x 2 cm , Stag antler 3.jpg
Rat, 5,5 x 2,5 x 2 cm , Stag antler 4.jpg
Rat, 5,5 x 2,5 x 2 cm , Stag antler 5.jpg
Rat, 5,5 x 2,5 x 2 cm , Stag antler 6.jpg
Artur

jbjtennyo

Re: New works

Postby jbjtennyo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:05 pm

I really like your new carvings. My favorite is the tagua elephant--I like the simplicity of it, and the visually smooth surface. Thank you for sharing them.
Judy

Return to “Artists Showcase”