netsuke and sagemono lounge : Disclaimer - Please click anywhere on this bar to expand/contract the content.
Sponsor Announcement:

Woolley & Wallis would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate in their auction - Japanese & Korean Art, on the 23rd May 2018.

To access the on-line catalogue please click on the banner below.

Please Note: This sponsorship announcement will automatically disappear on the 24th May 2018.

The Magic Tea Kettle (Bunbuku Chagama)

A forum for INS sponsor Artists to showcase and discuss their work.
AFNetsuke

Re: The Magic Tea Kettle (Bunbuku Chagama)

Postby AFNetsuke » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:16 pm

:roll: ...was just giving you a bit of credit. Do octopi have frontal lobes?
Alan

Clive

Postby Clive » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 pm

A octopus's "brain" is unlike any other creature on this planet which we would regard as intelligent.. for a start about 2/3 of this neurons aren’t even in its head but in its arms.

http://www.wired.com/2013/10/how-the-fr ... man-brain/

ABland

Postby ABland » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Clive wrote:Hi Adam, Sorry I assumed the cord would have provided a sense of the size of the piece, its small.. only about 35-37mm across at the widest and about 28-30 mm high. I don't have it anymore so can't measure. The eyes are inlayed light green/grey horn and amber.. with a black horn pupil inlayed from behind. The amber providing clarity to the black pupil and the more cloudy light horn the iris. I don't know if you can pick it up in the close up but I also created a hint of a much darker outer ring... to help add depth.

eye.jpg

adorabletanuki.jpg

Thanks for the measurement. I could see it was small but always find it easier to appreciate with some metrics. The close up of the eyes really show of the subtle detail in your work. Can't wait to see the octopus.

Return to “Artists Showcase”